Greasy skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for a bit of advice...

I have very greasy skin, to the point I can put my finger on my forehead and it skids across!!! Gross! It makes my fringe greasy also :( I also have large pores on my cheeks and nose!

Is there a good product that will last all day to give me that 'matt' effect?

I'm on the look out for creams and make up! I can not wear liquid or mousse foundation as it feels like my skin is suffocating and sweating! :( I have to wear mineral foundation when I wear it, although I try to just stick to bronzer

Any help to try and reduce the oiliness would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Xxx

Hi. Have you tried Mac. They do a 3 in 1 compact. I've been using it for over 5 years now. It's brill. Perfect for oily skin. It's called studio fix and it lasts ages x x

Hi there, your skin sounds like mine, I have quite a few different washes in the past for oily skin and I also get spots? Do you?
Dermaligica do a great clay cleanser and active moist moisturiser which is oil free, something you most defiantly need.
I always make sure my moisturisers are oil free and also my make up.
I use mac studio tech which is an oil free foundation and non comegenic. (won't block pores)
I use mainly mac as my skin seems best with this, also your fringe may be adding to the problem, I'm the same I have a side fringe and by the end of the day it's greasy.
Anyway hope this helps and you get some more tips :) xx

Thanks so much ladies :)
I don't get spots as such (not very often anyway) but I do have hundreds of tiny spots under the skin along my jaw line :(

Does the mac give you a nice shine free finish that lasts all day? Xxx

Hi hun
As a Clarins girl I'm obviously going to be a bit biased here but I do strongly believe in their products. You need to take a look at 'Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind' will gently cleanse your skin without disrupting the natural lipidic barrier & also help to absorb excess sebum. Another fantastic product is 'Hydra Matt' this is a moisturiser that will hydrate the skin yet help to mattify throughout the day. Oil free product too!
Certain foods are also said to help an oily skin, having a low glycemic diet will lower hormone levels within the skin & slow down over active sebaceous glands. Fruits & vegetables rich in vitamin A are excellent for unglogging the pores & reducing redness (great if you suffer from breakouts) apricot, mango, papaya, broccoli, pumpkin & carrot to name a few.
Cold water fish such as salmon , tuna, herring, sardines are rich in omega 3 & zinc. Zinc is brilliant for the immune system & wound healing which is great for skin prone to break outs & congestion. Having a diet rich in omega 3 will reduce oily skin conditions so try swapping more fattier meats for baked, steamed or grilled cold water fish
Hope my essay gives you some new ideas
Xx

Hi hun
As a Clarins girl I'm obviously going to be a bit biased here but I do strongly believe in their products. You need to take a look at 'Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind' will gently cleanse your skin without disrupting the natural lipidic barrier & also help to absorb excess sebum. Another fantastic product is 'Hydra Matt' this is a moisturiser that will hydrate the skin yet help to mattify throughout the day. Oil free product too!
Certain foods are also said to help an oily skin, having a low glycemic diet will lower hormone levels within the skin & slow down over active sebaceous glands. Fruits & vegetables rich in vitamin A are excellent for unglogging the pores & reducing redness (great if you suffer from breakouts) apricot, mango, papaya, broccoli, pumpkin & carrot to name a few.
Cold water fish such as salmon , tuna, herring, sardines are rich in omega 3 & zinc. Zinc is brilliant for the immune system & wound healing which is great for skin prone to break outs & congestion. Having a diet rich in omega 3 will reduce oily skin conditions so try swapping more fattier meats for baked, steamed or grilled cold water fish
Hope my essay gives you some new ideas
Xx

Wow fab thanks so much hun, really appreciate and my do you know your stuff :D I will definitely look into the Clarins :) not so sure about the fish etc as I'm not a fish girl lol. Maybe I'll take some omega 3 vits to help

Thanks again, if anyone else has any further ideas, keep them coming

Thank you xxx

Thanks so much ladies :)
I don't get spots as such (not very often anyway) but I do have hundreds of tiny spots under the skin along my jaw line :(

Does the mac give you a nice shine free finish that lasts all day? Xxx

I would say best I've used but not shine free all day, I still at tea time look at bit greasy!

One good thing is we won't get wrinkles as bad with oily skin ;) x

By the way most my spots are congestion under the skin too x

I would say best I've used but not shine free all day, I still at tea time look at bit greasy!

One good thing is we won't get wrinkles as bad with oily skin ;) x

That's very true!! An oily skin ages better. X

I had this same problem. I switched up my skincare, foundations, powders, primers you name it! It get very expensive trying out all these different things to help my oily skin. Then I bought Murad oil control lotion and it's great! Quite expensive at around £37 but I use it as a primer so only use a tiny dot on my t-zone. The tube has lasted me ages so far.

I only have to blot my face 1-2 times a whole day and make up now stays looking good till I take it off at night. Whereas before my foundation would literally just break up and melt off my face!

Thanks everyone I'll have a look around BUT...

Grrrrrrrrr! Just because I said earlier on today that I don't often get spots... Guess what?? I have just got the biggest beast (actually a second head) Appear on my chin! I have a hen night Saturday, anyone have any quick fixes for getting rid of spots? Any home remedies? (I don't have any tea tree or which hazel)
I have used toothpaste before and that was ok. I will do Anything lol HELP!!! X

Grrrrrrrrr! Just because I said earlier on today that I don't often get spots... Guess what?? I have just got the biggest beast (actually a second head) Appear on my chin! I have a hen night Saturday, anyone have any quick fixes for getting rid of spots? Any home remedies? (I don't have any tea tree or which hazel)

Ha! I was just gonna say hun toothpaste is supposed to be good!
Witch Hazel is good, applied neat onto the skin, just on the area! Typical when your off out ey! xx

A dab of sudocrem will dry it right out.
As for oiliness bodyshop tea tree foaming cleanser is brilliant and not expensive at all. I also like loreal true match mineral foundation. It's a powder not liquid and gives good coverage. Xx

Dermalogica also do clearing mattifier which helps to control oil and clear breakouts and blackheads. It's great under make up too x

I hate saying anything about my skin as you can guarantee it will change as soon as you say it! (dose in my case)
Def sudocream dry it out of if you can get to chemist panoxel aqua gel strength 5 x x

Evening ladies, just want to say thanks for all the advice, I've not had time to do anything about it yet :(

Although.... I did try sudocream... Amazing! Could I use this daily do you think? Or Is it not good to use long term? Xxx

Latest posts

Back