Great Lengths or Belle extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise33

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Please Help as im so indecisive! :eek: im debating whether to do a hair extension course.. I know Great lenghths is the best which also comes with a big price tag.. Belle hair extensions seem very reasonable but is there a reason for that? personally I alwas like to go with the top end of products as I like to feel im giving more of a high end service. my concern is do clients prefer to pay less for extensions now these days or do they like the best quality hair? is it the case just to do a basic cheaper course and use Remy hair, or invest in great lengths?? im happy to invest if the return is out there..?? thanks x

I would go for the more expensive option! I haven't personally trained with belle but I've heard not too many good things about them! They may be cheaper but you could come away knowing less than you bargained for! If you have a look on the search bar there's plenty of threads about different companies.
I trained with KM who I found amazing and not overly priced :)
Have a look around and do lots of research before going on a course as many people have jumped in and wasted a lot of money! Good luck! x

Thanks so much for your advice, really appreciate it :lol: x

Have you looked at lush us now called hilarious rebellion iv seen they have great reviews in here and also studio 58 x

Im doing studio58 next week, very reasonably priced. Im a newbie so didnt want to jump in to expensive. (also Great lengths & racoon are everywhere round here so im almost unique being basic! :lol:)

I wouldnt want to be tied in to 1 brand (expecially at that price) without testing quality & consistency over several heads & months not least there are other companies & other processing methods which are equal to & overtaking GL. (at long last)

;)

Thanks both of you for your advice as i havent heard of those before.. would be great if you could post how the course goes. x

I trained with Great Lengths and can highly recommend the training and the hair however they only use pre-bonded and their own hair so if you are wanting to offer a variety of methods an alternative company would probably be preferable. Im looking into course's with Studio 58 also as they seem to train most methods and have been recommended on here if that helps! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi Louise,

I myself trained will Belle hair academy and didn't have a problem with them. I'm aware of the saying "you get what you pay for" but in this case I don't think it will do you any harm going for the cheaper option and there really is no need to pay extortionate rates to train in Micro Ring/ Fusion bond methods.

Hope this helps.

:)

Is it me or has anybody else notices when somebody says something negative about Belle Hair extensions somebody who has just joined and posted once makes a very positive comment....

I have heard, read and seen the work Belle produces from their trainee's and it is not up to scratch. Shoot me down if you will but I personally feel and this is why the industry lead companies such as Racoon, Great Lengths, Cinderella all only train a minimum qualification NVQ level 2 hairdresser for a reason, they also do not offer (apart from Cinderella) a fast track one day (6 hours) course which is expected to cover client consultation, application, removal, health and safety etc in one day and on a dolls head and then provide a certificate saying you are qualified and all to any body who is willing to pay.

Go with a company who actually takes the time to train you properly, great lengths and Racoon offer 2 days training for one method and then you go back for a 3rd day which is then when they sign you off as qualified. Cinderella offer a one day course due to the ease of the application of their system.

I cannot comment on the other companies training who have been suggested, not to say you shouldn't train with them, this is just my opinion and I feel that trying to pack 3 methods in to 1 or 2 days is way too much to take on. I'd tackle one at a time with companies that have a good reputation, do not falsely advertise as award winning, I'd recommend easilocks for "mi or-rings and then look at a company that does bonds, Cinderella, Rebellion, Tasha Jacks, Great Lengths. Do not let price be the swaying factor, most people end up taking the cheap option only to find they pay twice.

Sorry for the long post and rant

I've also heard good things about balmain x

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies x and I definitely don't see your post as a rant I've thought exactly the same will I end up paying twice. Will haver to ponder a bit longer I think. I know I only want to learn pre bonded method preferably cold fusion? That's another question I should of asked! Lol. Which is best method? Thanks geeks! Love this forum xx

I lost over 20 bonds in 48 hrs! Don't think I need to say any more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but that's unfair to blame belle training for that x

I'm sorry that I had to have hair like that! Not a chance in hell I would be left with this mess by a hairdresser trained with great lengths.

I have done a belle course. They're basic, unprofessional and unhelpful.

Sorry I have to disagree you could be trained by the best and the world and still not provide a good service it's down to the individual I also trained with belle and I do t recommend them because I also found their course basic but it worked for me as I'm a hairdresser and I had a rough idea of what I was doing but would never recommend them,for a start a problem with yours is the sections now that not down to. Belle training that's down to the individual being lazy x

Don't recommend lol

Sorry I have to disagree you could be trained by the best and the world and still not provide a good service it's down to the individual I also trained with belle and I do t recommend them because I also found their course basic but it worked for me as I'm a hairdresser and I had a rough idea of what I was doing but would never recommend them,for a start a problem with yours is the sections now that not down to. Belle training that's down to the individual being lazy x

You have a fighting chance with a better company. That's a fact! Would I ever use anyone trained with belle again. As a hairdresser she should know that this was a mess. Her positioning was horrific. We can agree to disagree. In my opinion if this woman was trained by great lengths I wouldn't have been left with this mess. But after 6 hrs with belle and a dominos lunch later she is an awful extensionist.

Also being trained by the best means they don't sign of a certificate willy nilly and are there until the end and your confident!

Also being trained by the best means they don't sign of a certificate willy nilly and are there until the end and your confident!

I dont think that a 'branded' company means you are always getting the best - the huge marketing budget that is behind them does not mean that the trainers are guaranteed to be great.

We have had some ladies on our courses who have been with racoon, balmain etc and their work shall we say needed a lot of work.

Can you please give me your opinion on your cold fusion method compared to KM hair training, And great lengths ? Or even your opinion to the normal pre bond method with heat I have consider a course with your company. X

Latest posts

Back