greenish/yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEBI-DEE

Reaction score
hi guys need some help.I started in a salon a few months ago and on my first day i was given a client with greenish brown stains on her nails. she said her doctor had said it was water mould. my salon had been putting overlays on this client and had got her to sign a disclaimer. under duress i have worked on her nails with the highest standard of hygiene. anyway the stains had almost grown out, but she came in today with a new green/yellowish stain on her nail and i refused to do her nails. i dont understand why this is happening. she blamed a previous salon for the last lot of stains but i know i have done nothing wrong. why does she have more staining. what is it? HELP

hi guys need some help.I started in a salon a few months ago and on my first day i was given a client with greenish brown stains on her nails. she said her doctor had said it was water mould. my salon had been putting overlays on this client and had got her to sign a disclaimer. under duress i have worked on her nails with the highest standard of hygiene. anyway the stains had almost grown out, but she came in today with a new green/yellowish stain on her nail and i refused to do her nails. i dont understand why this is happening. she blamed a previous salon for the last lot of stains but i know i have done nothing wrong. why does she have more staining. what is it? HELP

This is called a BACTERIAL infection and has absolutely nothing to do with a water mould:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (mould is NOT a human pathagon and we are not bread...:lol:). bACTERIAL INFECTIONS ARE CAUSED (oops) from incorrect prep and unsanitary procedures. Soak coatings off; use a 240 grity abrasive to GENTLY buff the stain (get rid of that abrasive afterwards). Polish her nails (so you can't see the stain and have her come back to you for manicures. The stain will grow out, and you can just clip the rest off the free edge. If she still wants enhancements, you can soak off and re-apply but you better make sure your PREP is THOROUGH so no lifting can occur which will allow dirt back underneath the coating...

BTW, there are no creams that will make this go away so we actually know more about this that the DR!! :rolleyes: water mould :smack::smack:

thanks for your reply, could you explain something else to me , how is this problem recurring cos i am 100% that i was thorough with my prep. i am careful any way, but was extra cautious with this client. also i have never had this with any other client. my boss seems to think it may be because the client has been ill and on medication. She also thinks it was bad judgement for me not to treat the client but i think i did the right thing

does she get or have lifting ??

when she came back today she had no lifting at all, thats why im confused about the new staining

where is the 'patch' on the nail.. zone 1, 2 or 3 (with 3 being near cuticle area)?

its zone 3 sam

Latest posts

Back