Grey coverage help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate

Reaction score
Hi all
struggling with low lights to cover grey hair. Client is an ashy 7 to 8 with about 80% white, have been using KP: third of 77/0, third 88/0, third 7/73. It seems to wash out as I shampoo her hair... Am using the Wella peroxide.
Have been reading that Igora royal is good for greys. Can anyone tell me which numbers to use to get a medium/light blonde with a little warmth? Am so confused by their different numbers.
Thanks

What do you mean you are confused by the numbers? Don't you know the tonal value of the colors you are using?

There are several extensive wella threads where geeks have posted everthing you'd ever want to know about wella.

In any case, your problem is the 7/73. The double bases for resistant hair can only be mixed with themselves and and the special mix.

Try 88/0 and 77/0 with /33 and use 6% wella koleston perfect developer (US). Process full development time. It will cover.

What do you mean you are confused by the numbers? Don't you know the tonal value of the colors you are using?

There are several extensive wella threads where geeks have posted everthing you'd ever want to know about wella.

In any case, your problem is the 7/73. The double bases for resistant hair can only be mixed with themselves and and the special mix.

Try 88/0 and 77/0 with /33 and use 6% wella koleston perfect developer (US). Process full development time. It will cover.
Ok, thanks will try that. I am not confused by the Wella numbers at all, I just meant the numbers for the tones in Igora as I have never used Schwarzkopf before...

Ok, thanks will try that. I am not confused by the Wella numbers at all, I just meant the numbers for the tones in Igora as I have never used Schwarzkopf before...

Oh. My apologies and thank goodness. I don't use Schwarzkopf colors either.

Oh. My apologies and thank goodness. I don't use Schwarzkopf colors either.

And btw I know from experience it is the 7/73 that is causing the problem. Been there done that!

And btw I know from experience it is the 7/73 that is causing the problem. Been there done that!
Thanks again for your help! Vaguely remember about not mixing double bases with fashion colours from college now... Just never had a problem with coverage in the past. Anyway, off to the warehouse today to get some special mix :)

In my experience it's a catch 22. It covers when you aren't working with resistant hair and don't need the double bases anyway.

Latest posts

Back