Grey hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452804477.943656.jpg

Hi guys one of my clients is asking for this colour, she has golden blonde hair at the moment and I use matrix.
Can anyone offer me advice? I'm fully qualified just never done grey hair like this before & want opinions on colours & do you think the darker colour has also been ran through to the ends in some places. Thank you

I'm not very confident in the grey trend but search for grey colour formulas, there's so many of them :)

Thanks Hun, I've just got back off maternity leave, think I've just lost some of my confidence in the latest trends

That looks like a ash base 5 smudged into 8.1 with highlights through to me, ive a client coming tmw wanting this and thats what im gonna do [emoji106]

Also I hear affinage have a gothic range out

If she is golden at the moment you need to keep lifting her to a lighter blond before you can tone with a silver/grey.
Many lines make grey, here's how to do it with Matrix. You can also mix your toner with Olaplex, as it really helps the color to stay in the hair, that's stuff is awesome!
See chart.

Attachments

• Matrixtoners.jpg
    Matrixtoners.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 93
Hey guys thanks for all your advise, this is great [emoji1]
I was thinking along the same lines as you.
Thanks so much xx

If she is golden at the moment you need to keep lifting her to a lighter blond before you can tone with a silver/grey.
Many lines make grey, here's how to do it with Matrix. You can also mix your toner with Olaplex, as it really helps the color to stay in the hair, that's stuff is awesome!
See chart.

This is amazing!! Thank you xx

Just remember that you always need to lighten 1-2 levels lighter than your target shade with ash colours, other wise the warmth in the undertone will neutralise the ash or muddy it out.

I would check the matrix toners out in a level 8 and 9 for the grey tone. Darkening the base shouldn't be an issue since you are not lifting and exposing warmth. If you lift hair to a pale yellow/very pale yellow undercoat, then tone with a violet based toner you can neutralise the warmth to a clean blonde base. Once you rinse you can reapply a grey/blue ash based toner like in the photo without worring about it looking khaki or flat x

Thank you guys. love this forum so much everyone's so helpful [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back