Grey ombré/balayage on a base 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Help guys I’m doing a balayage on a warm base 7/ 8 in places.looking for recommendations on formulas. I was thinking to strip the hair and remove all colour except natural roots then dry off and apply 7/81 with 6% in illumina colour then balayage the rest or should I just bleach everything. This is what I’m attempting and any help would be great! X
186855b51bd27f91999cb5182318423d.jpg

You need to remove any orange/yellow tones otherwise the blue in the grey tint will just cancel them out and it will end up a muddy grey brown. Lift, tone to neutralise then add target colour.

Is she’s a natural base 8. I would do a root stretch with a 4 or 5. Then balayage the kids and ends probably in foil to get enough lift. I’d then tone the ends to get rid of all yellow then go over with one of the Igora silvers x

This pic looks like a 4/5 root and grey ends.

I would full head bleach then colour melt after

Help guys I’m doing a balayage on a warm base 7/ 8 in places.looking for recommendations on formulas. I was thinking to strip the hair and remove all colour except natural roots then dry off and apply 7/81 with 6% in illumina colour then balayage the rest or should I just bleach everything. This is what I’m attempting and any help would be great! X
186855b51bd27f91999cb5182318423d.jpg
I would prelighten the M.L.E to as clean as possible and then do a root smudge with illumina 4/+5/81 on root area, and blend into 7/81+6/19+8/69 on M. L. E

Latest posts

Back