Grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it won't over a percentage. This is very basic hairdressing.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never had a problem with coverage!

Is the product at fault? The client? Or the hairdresser?

I think poor colour choice, not product or client...

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

In the igora range it does state -0, -00, -1 & -4 all cover 100%. I don't use -4 a lot by themselves but have done and never had problems with them.

I always use 6% to cover grey. Always. Also I make sure I use an intense base shade like 66/0, 77/0, 88/0. Or just add extra base to your formula

Intense bases are for resistant white hair . White hair that is coarse wirey shiny and glassy. If you use them on fine white hair the result will be dense, darker, helmet coverage. It gives a harsh regrowth and can be unflattering on older clients.

The client in this pic has fine white hair but a high percentage at the front. She also needs lift.

So based in these fact and analysing the hair....

6% is needed, you can use a single base 7-0, the high amount of white means you need more base than target color so maybe 30ml 6% 30ml 7-0 10ml 7-4 ???

I'm not too familiar with igora but basic colour knowledge like this is universal. A formula is based on facts and analysis of a clients hair.

I had a client the other day and she has really bad grey it was a few flashes of highlights and a 7.4 root tint with 3% it didn't cover the grey much at the front and in other places, I let my client know but does anyone have any other ideas what I could to cover this. Never had this problem before. X

I think you'd find the schwarzkopf house of colour app really useful, it will confirm your colour choice and advise you on your peroxide choice.

Those apps are great to confirm choices or to give you an idea. However it never takes away from needing to gain basic colour knowledge. It's very well be told what colour to put in as long as it's explained WHY you are using that formula.

I've never used anything but 6% to cover grey, other peroxides can mask it in my opinion but always 6% to cover. I'm sure this is one of the first things you learn in colour?!

Latest posts

Back