Guinot hydradermie machine versus Carlton Galvanic and high frequency machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebear

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

In the new year I'm planning on adding more facials to my treatment menu. I think the guinot hydradermie facials are amazing, but do you think the Carlton Galvanic/ high frequency machine is just as good? To become a Guinot salon is quite costly so looking for a close alternative!

X X

Carlton are a very good British Company with good machines, but in my opinion the Guinot Hydradermie2 is in another league entirely. The combination of the treatment and the Guinot products give great results.

Carlton are a very good British Company with good machines, but in my opinion the Guinot Hydradermie2 is in another league entirely. The combination of the treatment and the Guinot products give great results.

Yes, the products are lovely!

So would anyone put the two machines on the same level or is the Guinot machine much better?

So would anyone put the two machines on the same level or is the Guinot machine much better?
When I first trained as a therapist I purchased the Carlton galvanic & high frequency machines (infact had mostly Carlton equipment in the salon). The machines are in my opinion of good quality however...I then experienced what was then the Guinot Cathiodermie (now Called Hydradermie 2) and after 25yrs of using Guinot machines & products I can honestly say I wouldn't use anything else. The set up is a considerable amount, but I love the fact that the treatments never fail to impress. Retailing is hard as there are many online retailers selling below what I can even purchase the products in at trade, but this seems to be the way with most items these days! I have over the yrs to add alternatives for my clients used many other brands as well as Guinot...Darphin, Eve Taylor, Clarins and others but they always come back to the Guinot selection!
I purchased from another company a Radio Frequency facial machine as I'd seen the Carlton RF in action and was impressed, the machine I purchased (not Carltons) was cheaper, and boy have I learnt my lesson the customer service was APALLING and I soo wished I'd waited a while, paid that bit more & got what I knew was a better machine. Guinots great and what's more with the new Guinot Hydradermie there is no saturater bar that the client has to grasp...many clients were anxious at this and now they can just completely relax!

When I first trained as a therapist I purchased the Carlton galvanic & high frequency machines (infact had mostly Carlton equipment in the salon). The machines are in my opinion of good quality however...I then experienced what was then the Guinot Cathiodermie (now Called Hydradermie 2) and after 25yrs of using Guinot machines & products I can honestly say I wouldn't use anything else. The set up is a considerable amount, but I love the fact that the treatments never fail to impress. Retailing is hard as there are many online retailers selling below what I can even purchase the products in at trade, but this seems to be the way with most items these days! I have over the yrs to add alternatives for my clients used many other brands as well as Guinot...Darphin, Eve Taylor, Clarins and others but they always come back to the Guinot selection!
I purchased from another company a Radio Frequency facial machine as I'd seen the Carlton RF in action and was impressed, the machine I purchased (not Carltons) was cheaper, and boy have I learnt my lesson the customer service was APALLING and I soo wished I'd waited a while, paid that bit more & got what I knew was a better machine. Guinots great and what's more with the new Guinot Hydradermie there is no saturater bar that the client has to grasp...many clients were anxious at this and now they can just completely relax!

Thanks! This is a great help! I really appreciate the feedback! X

hi,
i just recently bought the old guinot machine to start using on my clients. althought i am galvanic trained, i am not Guinot trained!! my machine didn't come with a manual.
I have a few questions, i hope anyone out there can answer...

does my client need to hold the electrode with damp cotton wool around it to help conduct?
are both rollers + & - charged like the new models?
at which point do i use the device with the 2 balls?
do i need to use a gauze over the clients skin when performing HF? or can i just apply direct on the skin with the Oxygenating gel?

thank you

Only the new machine has both - & + rollers. Might be a good idea to check if your insurance covers you to treat clients, as the Hydradermie/2 is not a standard galvanic machine.......

Latest posts

Back