Hair BBC3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it, and was a bit disappointed that the standard was so low, even on the hair ups. There was some truly awful, totally amateur work. The cuts were painful to watch.
We all started learning somewhere, and it grew up playing with my girls world, just like everyone else! If anything, it shows that what we do isn't as easy as it looks, especially considering the speed and accuracy that we have to work.
What I'd love to see is a pro version, showcasing the best of the best, possibly as a contrast. I for one would love to watch a truly gifted pro produce flawless hair ups.

Me too! I don't know why they have used amatures. Though the block head round wouldn't be very interesting If they knew what they were doing! Some stuff has been good tho! The ship Katie did was lovely! And I loved the roman one Dominica did!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Kobis bride model doesn't look happy either

Kobis bride model doesn't look happy either

She was so funny! She looked very disappointed walking up and down lol x

She was so funny! She looked very disappointed walking up and down lol x

Lol I know!! She weren't really getting married she could of slapped a smile on!! The woman who had her head shaved looked happier lol! Dominica is going to win she has been the most consistent

I love this, I think its shown how hard and technical hair dressing is, I do beauty and all the beauty type shows really trivialise the industry.

Agree, I'd love a pro version too x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm loving this programme! I'll be gutted when it finishes! I think dominika is fab, she has a great imagination and even how she does her own hair, it's always perfect and so creative! I feel so sorry for kobi, he's so young and wanted it so much that he was putting too much pressure on himself! His bridal model was a miserable bugger, he definitely drew the short straw gettin her! Oh and I wish marvin would pull up his trousers!

Amanda xx

I love this, I think its shown how hard and technical hair dressing is, I do beauty and all the beauty type shows really trivialise the industry.

Agree, I'd love a pro version too x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree with you there! In Ireland they do a "celebrity salon" show every year and they just have the Craic and make it a big laugh! I still watch it like but I do think that they make the job look like it takes no effort or education!

Amanda xx

Did anyone watch the American hair competition? That was professionals - Tabitha was one of the contestants on it. I wish they'd do a British version of that.

Did anyone watch the American hair competition? That was professionals - Tabitha was one of the contestants on it. I wish they'd do a British version of that.

I'd love to have seen that! Tabatha is great, I miss her salon takeover show, she so scary 😄

Amanda xx

Yea I watched that I've forgot what It was called though but it was great

I'm loving "hair" although I agree it should be pros. Kobis model was a miserable sod weren't she why did she even volunteer

Dominica is definitely going to win her hair ups are really good I think, better than a lot of hair dressers I've seen. Some of the stuff she does I doubt I could do it to be honest
X

Was that 'shear genius'?

Has any1 just seen Katie on hair cut that graduated bob? Considering she says she's never cut hair before I can't believe how near perfect it was, I can't help thinkin there not as amateur as they let on! Anyone else think this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah totally agree!!

Think they have practised but not been trained. She did a fab job. I didn't get why they said graduated bob was the hardest. It's been my favourite since day dot! Absolutely love short graduations.

I love doin that cut, I love precision :) It just seemed easy for her, but Iv thought all along she may of done hair b4, I don't no why and I might be completley wrong :) also think Dominica should of won :) xx

They have all done hair before but not been trained. Kobi is a Saturday boy in a salon for example. Just think they haven't had any actual training just been playing around with hair for a few years. But that's how I started out, 8 years doing mine and friends hair before I went and got the training. I like how creative you can be with a short graduation! Personalising the back, creating different shapes around the sides and disconnections! Did a lovely one that was very heavy in the back, then one side longer than the other, she has bright pinky/red hair and it just looks so modern and really suits her! Just so much fun to create!

I went through the audition process of hair. The other only requirement was that you weren't allowed to have a nvq2 or higher but they were happy for you to be working towards it. I've really enjoyed the show but definitely some are not untrained but all will be unqualified xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I really liked Katie's avant garde work, I really thought she was going to win.

I just got watching the final last night, I really though Dominika should have won, although she didn't do great on the last challenges she was fantastic on every one up till then! Dominika and Katie were good all the way through their avant garde styles were just amazing! I really enjoyed the whole programme, I hope they start another one! And I think that Kobi will be a great hairdresser in time, he wasn't creative like the others but he seemed to know the right techniques, his chignon was perfect, he was just so young and nervous!

Amanda xx

Latest posts

Back