Hair breaking from near root after too much bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarey

Reaction score
Hi, I have just had an absolute disaster being bleached by a professional hair salon.. I am devastated and desperate for help!!:Scared: (So sorry for the essay........):zzz:

I went to a hairdresser today that was recommended by a friend, and specifically requested that they do NOT use any peroxide etc on my hair as I want to let my hair recover as it is very damaged towards the ends. I stated that I no longer what to be platinum blonde and return to my natural colour (a darkish mousey brown) so wanted to blend the lightened bits with my roots and lose about 5 inches off the damaged ends.

I had gone through hell (for me) letting my roots grow for 6 months without bleaching, conditioning my hair every day and using a moisture mask twice a week and using leave in conditioner every day.

I didn't realise until it was too late that he was pasting bleach onto my roots :eek:, straight onto my scalp :eek:(I've only ever had highlights professionally so wasn't sure what he was doing at first), he hadn't listened to a word I had said, and I didn't know what to do as the friend who recommended him was there, so I just let it happen and hoped for the best, and sorry but I'm too much of a wuss to complain so I paid and left.

I now have orange roots, my hair is really badly damaged and is breaking off within an inch of the root in large patches, and my head is sore and covered in red blotches - I just have no idea what to do! I can't afford to go to another salon and have them fix it, and I don't think I can step foot in the place that did it ever again!
:Scared:

What can I do to stop it breaking at the root?
And how long do I need to leave it before I can think about having a (minimally damaging!! like semi-perm?) browny colour put over it so it doesn't look exactly how I didn't want it to look?

Thank you so so so much :hug:
Clare x

Last edited:
Omg, I'm sorry this happened to you! How is your scalp? You need to go to the salon and the stylist and show them what's happening to your hair and scalp! All he had to do is match the ends to the roots, so I don't understand why he gave you orange roots :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Go back if you're not happy. Least he should do is offer deep condition treatments! If I were you I would continue with these treatments and lay off any colour for a good few months until your hair is in a better condition. Get some leave in conditioner too for in between treatments then find a good hairdresser to sort it. It will cost but it will be worth it in the end. others may suggest otherwise but I wouldn't do anything else until a hairdresser has looked at your hair. We can't really advise about colour until we've seen it xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry this is really cheeky I am popping over from nail geek so not a hair professional, but I have just had an absolute distaster.. I am devastated and desperate for help!!:Scared: (So sorry for the essay........):zzz:

I went to a hairdresser today that was recommended by a friend, and specifically requested that they do NOT use any peroxide etc on my hair as I want to let my hair recover as it is very damaged towards the ends. I stated that I no longer what to be platinum blonde and return to my natural colour (a darkish mousey brown) so wanted to blend the lightened bits with my roots and lose about 5 inches off the damaged ends.

I had gone through hell (for me) letting my roots grow for 6 months without bleaching, conditioning my hair every day and using a moisture mask twice a week and using leave in conditioner every day.

I didn't realise until it was too late that he was pasting bleach onto my roots :eek:, straight onto my scalp :eek:(I've only ever had highlights professionally so wasn't sure what he was doing at first), he hadn't listened to a word I had said, and I didn't know what to do as the friend who recommended him was there, so I just let it happen and hoped for the best, and sorry but I'm too much of a wuss to complain so I paid and left.

I now have orange roots, my hair is really badly damaged and is breaking off within an inch of the root in large patches, and my head is sore and covered in red blotches - I just have no idea what to do! I can't afford to go to another salon and have them fix it, and I don't think I can step foot in the place that did it ever again!
:Scared:

What can I do to stop it breaking at the root?
And how long do I need to leave it before I can think about having a (minimally damaging!! like semi-perm?) browny colour put over it so it doesn't look exactly how I didn't want it to look?

Thank you so so so much :hug:
Clare x
Oh dear What a terrible experience you've had. First thing you want to do is get your self a good reconstructurant treatment and good shampoo and conditioner (I personally like TiGi bedhead rezurrection or elasticate) to help your hair recover. Don't use any head on your hair (dryer / straighteners etc) as this will cause more damage. You should also get back in touch with the salon and explain exactly what has happened. Hopefully they should offer you at the very least a free deep conditioning treatment and attempt to correct your colour. If not i would be asking for a refund. Hth x

OMG what a idiot hairdresser, you couldnt of been more clear of what you wanted.
I would go back and complain.
Put loads of conditioning treatments on and oil xx

wow i think you need to go back, i dunno what on earth possess this hd to put bleach on to darken hair....just outa curosity what were you charged for? (colour correction or toner or bleach?)

Firstly, was a patch test/compatabilty test done, to see if your hair could a take the colour? Did you have a test, 6months is a long time to not have colour, im just trying to acertain why the "blended" the colour- why not rock out the ombre look?

In the meantime stay the hell away from any heat products, we're talking blowdrys, irons, wands, rollers....nothing! Stick to some protien coniditoner that you can get from a hds not from your local grocery shop, get some argan oil/infused pro product, and try to rock a beachy effect. My main product is a leave in treatment, instacure, really helps. But i would go back and deter any form of pr lightener on your hair due to your reaction, i would insist on having a toner, and make sure you have a patch test!!!! Good luck! xoxo

Latest posts

Back