Hair colour 9/0 & 9/13

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair 111xxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some help, my client is 100% white, recently she has moved house and we have always coloured her hair with 9/0 & 9/13 & 20vol no problems at all, anyway since she has moved we seem to have a problem with her hair turning pink, ive used deep cleansing shampoos and conditioners, to remove product build up or Moroccan oil etc, I’ve tried different colours as well and the problem seems to be getting worse.
I have a feeling it’s her water at her house, as I am mobile, I’ve experienced it with Hair extensions going pink copper pipes etc..and now blonde hair is too, it’s reacting when I put the colour on, yesterday was awful, has to removed it off with a bleach cleanse shampoo twice and it was still on the hair shaft.
All advice would be much appreciated

Hi everyone, need some help, my client is 100% white, recently she has moved house and we have always coloured her hair with 9/0 & 9/13 & 20vol no problems at all, anyway since she has moved we seem to have a problem with her hair turning pink, ive used deep cleansing shampoos and conditioners, to remove product build up or Moroccan oil etc, I’ve tried different colours as well and the problem seems to be getting worse.
I have a feeling it’s her water at her house, as I am mobile, I’ve experienced it with Hair extensions going pink copper pipes etc..and now blonde hair is too, it’s reacting when I put the colour on, yesterday was awful, has to removed it off with a bleach cleanse shampoo twice and it was still on the hair shaft.
All advice would be much appreciated
Definitely sounds like meatl deposits. You need to give her a cleansing shampoo to use regularly to prevent build up. Definitely look at malibu c powders for hard water. This removes all traces of deposits from water, prior to colouring.

Is it an old house, as it may still have some lead pipes?
If it is her water causing the discolouration, she needs to rectify this before spending money colouring her hair unless she’s prepared to always wash and rinse her hair using water from another source.

Also, she needs a chelating shampoo to remove mineral build up. A deep cleansing shampoo won’t be as effective. Unfortunately, it will also be very drying so she’ll need to use a good moisturising conditioner afterwards.

Latest posts

Back