Hair colour - advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxylocks

Reaction score
Hey. I'm new to the forum.

I am a mobile stylist in Lincolnshire.

I have a new client. She has coloured hair, about 4 applications of a base 4.

She has had a few highlights put in, and they seem to have taken well, they are golden blonde.

She wants to go back to blonde. golden blonde, and 'bleach' blonde.

I'm intended to do foils and use bleach with 9% and 12% alternated, followed by a toner. Do you think it would be best to do a bleach bath/colour stripper first?

thanks.:)

Last edited:
Hiya. It depends on how quickly she is willing to take to get her hair really blonde. I think what you are suggesting will leave her with darkish hair with golden bits in.

I personally would do a full head foils of 6% bleach, and then tone. I don't like using higher percentage bleach because you will get just as much lift with a 6%, but you'll need to leave it on longer. In my experience this is better for the condition of the hair. But by no means will she be really blonde straight away.

Good luck :D as long as she knows it will take a while to get it back up to really blonde, and recommend a good shampoo and conditioner to her x

Hiya. It depends on how quickly she is willing to take to get her hair really blonde. I think what you are suggesting will leave her with darkish hair with golden bits in.

I personally would do a full head foils of 6% bleach, and then tone. I don't like using higher percentage bleach because you will get just as much lift with a 6%, but you'll need to leave it on longer. In my experience this is better for the condition of the hair. But by no means will she be really blonde straight away.

Good luck :D as long as she knows it will take a while to get it back up to really blonde, and recommend a good shampoo and conditioner to her x

Thanks.

She wants to go back to blonde ASAP! The reason I was thinking 12% is because she wants a fair bit off the length (sorry forgot to say that in original post). I have let her know that it's not good for her hair to do it quickly that's why she agreed to have a really good cut!

id be wary , the roots and midlengths may lift up ok , but the ends may stay darker . id stick with the 9% and then reapply with 12% on the pieces that dont lift up as much , if you start with 12% you may get light roots yellow/sandy ends. Shes gonna have to wait!
Have you tried using a decolourant , then you can foil and semi around

id be wary , the roots and midlengths may lift up ok , but the ends may stay darker . id stick with the 9% and then reapply with 12% on the pieces that dont lift up as much , if you start with 12% you may get light roots yellow/sandy ends. Shes gonna have to wait!
Have you tried using a decolourant , then you can foil and semi around

Thanks. That's why I thought about maybe doing a colour stripper/bleach wash first, then I will be able to see where the colour is more dense.

I'm dreading doing this!!! :eek:

if you gut instinct says no dont do it . Im freelance , and i so often get talked into things , and i often tell them what i think but they always seem to forget the advice and recommendations , its very hard when you dont want to seem rude and there is nowhere to run . If its a local client could you call to take test cuttings?

thanks for all the help.

I did some highlights, but very fine ones. They took really well, and she wants some more in a couple of weeks, so we're gonna do it gradually.

She actually text me last night to thank me for my professionalism, and said that she will tell all her freinds about me! :green:

Latest posts

Back