Hair colour and medication?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who wants her colour done, she is on anti depressants though, and is worried about any reactions between her and the colour.

She is on citalopram 40mg and diazepam 15mg.

I know I've been on the former and never had a second thought to my colour, and my mum is on the latter and again, I've never put any thought into tit. Anyone have any advice? x

Doubt very much if they would influence the hair Kim. I would go ahead with the colour.

Hi,

I have a client who wants her colour done, she is on anti depressants though, and is worried about any reactions between her and the colour.

She is on citalopram 40mg and diazepam 15mg.

I know I've been on the former and never had a second thought to my colour, and my mum is on the latter and again, I've never put any thought into tit. Anyone have any advice? x

My Mam is on both these medications, have just rang her to check but as I thought she has had no problem with her colour she gets it done at the hairdressers and she is pretty certain it is the wella range the salon uses

HTH's

Deb

x

Hi,
Clients that are on anti-depressants should always be skin tested even if they have had a skin prior to being on anti-depressants and they can affect their hormones in there body...I would do a skin test 48 hours prior to colour...just to be on the safe side!
As with hair colouring you just never know!
hope this helps! :D

Latest posts

Back