Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xamyx

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this and have only recently qualified in hairdressing and would really appriciate some help and advice.

I am colouring my friends hair (will attach picture) and am going to use professional blonde 1000 with 40% developer in a 1:2 ratio.

This is what my friend always has, but it usually goes abit yellow. So I am going to use wella 10/16 with pastel. Please could you tell me if this sounds ok?

Also she usually just has her roots done but they have grown out a lot and she likes having her darker natural colour so is thinking of having highlights, how would I do this with her roots grown out like that as will you notice a root line or will it blend in if that makes sense? Also this may seem like a silly questions but how would I use the toner on highlights would I use it all over her hair still or just on the highlighted hair as i can imagine it being difficult applying to just the highlights but worry it will change her natural hair colour? Sorry for all the questions I am slightly nervous and hope you can help.

I know with toner you have to watch it when it's on but does anyone have a rough guide on how long I should leave it on for?

Any help and tips would be much apriciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 461
What is blonde 1000? If its bleach then no 40 vol. toner sounds okay, you definitely need to fix that band though. If you're doing highlights weave very fine and close together, i wouldn't sub divide your weaves either. You may need to do a backdrop though.

What is blonde 1000? If its bleach then no 40 vol. toner sounds okay, you definitely need to fix that band though. If you're doing highlights weave very fine and close together, i wouldn't sub divide your weaves either. You may need to do a backdrop though.

Sorry I'm very new to this, what is a backdrop?

Thank you so much for your reply it indola 1000 which is a high lift tint.

Any advice about the toner wether I can use it all over the hair or just the highlights?

Thank you so much for your reply it indola 1000 which is a high lift tint.

Any advice about the toner wether I can use it all over the hair or just the highlights?

Ahh. What is your clients natural depth? Yes you can apply all over

image.jpgSo I have just dyed my friends hair, done half head highlights using indola 1000 with 40vl peroxide. She had alot of regrowth so I done as advised and done colour in between foils.

I washed it of them applied the 10/16 toner mixed with pastel (1:2) I kept checking and left it in for 10 minutes in total and now think this was probally too long but once I had washed the highlift tint out there were some party of her hair that were really yellow :-s so I left the toner on untill the yellow went.

It has come out ok but not as blonde as she wanted she wanted a bleach blonde look.

I have attached some pictures and if you could advise me what you think I done wrong I would be really gratefull.

Also could i now just use the highlight tint all over her hair in a few days to make it the bleach blonde look she wants? Or will it just make her hair yellow? I am really disappointed in the outcome it was supposed to have her natural colour (I think is a 7) and then blond highlights but looks more like an all over blonde ash colour, the toner must have lightened her natural hair!!

View attachment 81033So I have just dyed my friends hair, done half head highlights using indola 1000 with 40vl peroxide. She had alot of regrowth so I done as advised and done colour in between foils.

I washed it of them applied the 10/16 toner mixed with pastel (1:2) I kept checking and left it in for 10 minutes in total and now think this was probally too long but once I had washed the highlift tint out there were some party of her hair that were really yellow :-s so I left the toner on untill the yellow went.

It has come out ok but not as blonde as she wanted she wanted a bleach blonde look.

I have attached some pictures and if you could advise me what you think I done wrong I would be really gratefull.

Also could i now just use the highlight tint all over her hair in a few days to make it the bleach blonde look she wants? Or will it just make her hair yellow? I am really disappointed in the outcome it was supposed to have her natural colour (I think is a 7) and then blond highlights but looks more like an all over blonde ash colour, the toner must have lightened her natural hair!!

I would say her natural base was to dark for a highlift and you need to use bleach in future. Dont put higlift all over... Have you got anyone who can help you? X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Here is another picture we have tried to get in different lighting as looks different

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 289
Looking at the last pic I can see it's slightly darker and a little yellow by the roots should I just use the highlight blonde on these bits?
I'm really starting to think maybe I should give up with hairdressing!! Hopefully i will get betterin time :-(

Looking at the last pic I can see it's slightly darker and a little yellow by the roots should I just use the highlight blonde on these bits?
I'm really starting to think maybe I should give up with hairdressing!! Hopefully i will get betterin time :-(

Dont be silly we all make mistakes, i made a yellow blonde mistake not so long ago. It all comes with experience

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 81033So I have just dyed my friends hair, done half head highlights using indola 1000 with 40vl peroxide. She had alot of regrowth so I done as advised and done colour in between foils.

How experienced are you?

If you wanted highlights with the natural in between why did you colour the natural?

You should have used bleach with 3% or 6% for the foils and then toned with the 10 colour

I've just re read the 1st post, you should have done the mix as above then spatched a warm brown through to break up the block blonde

I only used the toner on her natural hair as I though you could do this, so was I just supposed to put toner on the highlights as surely this would be really difficult if not impossible to do once I washed the tint out?

The reason I didn't use bleach is because my friend didn't want bleach and always has highlight tint, she usually just has her roots done and when she has it done it's slightly yellow at her roots so I though if I used that toner it would counteract the yellow.

Would it of been ok if I had just done a tough up in her roots then used the toner all over would of it been ok then? Or as said above just used bleach, but then if the bleach still made her hair abit yellow I'd still need to use the toner.

To make her hair blonder now should I apply high lift tint.

As you can tell I am only newly qualified, I only qualified last year :-s

How did you actually apply the toner? You said above u left it for x amount of time but did you take out the foils then rinse the hair then rub the mixture on the wet hair or did u apply it as a tint around the foils on dry hair?

How did you actually apply the toner? You said above u left it for x amount of time but did you take out the foils then rinse the hair then rub the mixture on the wet hair or did u apply it as a tint around the foils on dry hair?

I took out the foils and rinsed all of her hair, then mixed up the toner and applied on wet hair all over using a brush and rubbing in using my hands, massaging through thoroughly so it went all over the hair and brought it down to the ends.

I'm must be missing something here? What did u do to the dark brown hair that was left out of the weaves between the foils?

I've never seen a 10.16 mixed with pastel on wet hair achieve so much lift on a level 5/6 whatever her natural was?

I'm must be missing something here? What did u do to the dark brown hair that was left out of the weaves between the foils?

I've never seen a 10.16 mixed with pastel on wet hair achieve so much lift on a level 5/6 whatever her natural was?

I didn't put any colour on the dark bits other than the toner, however i did do a lot of blonde so maybe the dark has just been lost and just blended in with the rest of the hair. When I went through it there is some dark underneath but not a lot I obviously didn't leave enough of the dark bits as I was worried there would be a line.
I would say her natural hair is 6/7 medium-dark blonde x

You said above you "done colour between the foils"

Latest posts

Back