Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Hoping I can get some colour help.

This client has a regrowth colour of 1/4 9.0 majirel with 3/4 10 majirel I tend to leave on for around 40/45 mins as client is 100% grey.

I then sometimes go in with some highlights or lowlights.
Now last time I done her colour I done the regrowth left on for 15 mins then went in with some lowlights of 7.31 majirel for the rest of the rest of the time.
It was a nice colour however the roots went really dark.

So I'm now thinking of doing 2 appointments
On Monday 7.31 majirel lowlights followed by a cut then on Thursday doing regrowth.

This client is going to Dubai end of next week so we want the lowlights to stick as the sun is really going to lighten hair but we don't want the root and lowlight on same day again as it just made everything really dark and muddy looking for a few days.

Hope this makes sense..
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1503690620.432111.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1503690629.841659.jpg

Sounds to me like youre doing this completely backwards for no reason..

I would just foil her lowlight then go in between her foils with the root colour and process as normal

Hi , maybe the lowlights look ( muddy )because they are too dark or too ash ? Would she consider taking the base shade darker (8+9 ) ? And doing without the lowlight ?
Or 7/0 +7/3 for the lowlight which is more a natural warm shade ?

Sounds to me like youre doing this completely backwards for no reason..

I would just foil her lowlight then go in between her foils with the root colour and process as normal

Thanks your for reply. im just worried that the lowlight will be left on her hair for too long. as i leave the roots on for 40 mins.

The lowlight i sometimes leave for around 20 mins... how long would you leave a lowlight on for?

Thanks for the help i haven't done colour in ages

Hi , maybe the lowlights look ( muddy )because they are too dark or too ash ? Would she consider taking the base shade darker (8+9 ) ? And doing without the lowlight ?
Or 7/0 +7/3 for the lowlight which is more a natural warm shade ?

Yes i could give that a go.. how long would you leave the low light on for ( majirel )

Thanks for your help

Hi leave the lowlight the full processing time while the roots are processing
I think the trick when doing lowlights on a light base is not to overdo t

Them . Keep them nice and fine , for a multi tonal effect or it will just darken the overall effect

How long should you leave a majirel lowlight for 30mins I think?

Hi it needs to develop fully(35mins )to cover properly,
If you are finding it goes too dark , try using a lighter shade ( maybe half 7 +8 )

Like others have said, Majirel should be processed for 35minutes unless you are refreshing the lengths and ends are they are very porous.

If the colour is too dark after 35 mins then you need to use a lighter colour rather than reducing the development time.

Latest posts

Back