Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
I have a client with bleach blond hair that’s yellow and orange in colour - you know the type!
She’s wanting to go darker - light brown
I’m newly qualified.
I’m thinking keep her on a base 7.
Can I just put a 7.0 on or do I need to choose something with violet or blue in to counteract the other tones In her hair.
What would happen if I just used base 7.
Sorry for sounding thick! Still getting my head around the colours

I use shwartzkopf products.

Hope someone can help me

Thank you x

If you drop more than 2 levels you have to pre-pig otherwise it will look flat and fade quite quickly.
Light brown is what a client would ask for but does she want warm or cool tones?

Warm tones
How do I pre pig ?! I’ve never been thought that

fudge head paint do a shadows range. i use T2 on my bleach blonde clients who want to start to go back darker. It has pre pig tones already in it so you just apply it as a normal colour.

Thanks I’ve pre pigged her with a copper/ red. It’s developing now is the final colour
I used a 6.5 with 3% all over. Her roots are looking darker then the rest.
Is this normal ? If it doesn’t all match at the end what shall I do? Sorry I’m newly qualified in level 2
Thank u x

just explain the roots will be darker and that on her next visit it will then be all the one colour

So next time would I apply the same colour again and it will even out?

Hi I had a client in today with orange snapped bleached hair - I pre pigged her with a red/ copper demi 1.9% rinsed , dryed and then applied a 6.5 igora royal permanent colour. The end result is all like a strange red brown and underneath her hair is a darker root, a band of red and then the bottom is a brown colour

What have I done wrong?

She’s wanting extensions and there wasn’t a colour on my ring to even match to.

She’s gonna come back for another colour next week - she’s prepared to go darker to a base 4 or 5- what colour do you recommend I put on to get rid of this red tone. I just want like a base colour

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

I’m a bit confused by your post.
If she already had orange tones and she wanted a level 6, there was no need to pre-pig. Presumably she was already around a level 7?

Also, when covering over pre-lightened hair, you should really use a Demi or semi, not a permanent colour.

Just put a darker colour on, apply to the ends first and then after 10/15 mins apply to the roots,

A darker shade will just cover it and if it’s slightly warm still then finger extensions 2 shades lighter and colour them to match her hair. I always custom colour if I’ve coloured the hair to something new.

Your clients permanent colour will wash out gradually leaving the extensions darker then her own hair anyway so custom colour is best to go with

That’s annoying then as someone on here was adamant I needed to pre pig to avoid green tones which I’ve done.
I used a permanent as u didn’t want much fade due to needing extensions.

Wouldn’t it be hard to custom colour them as there’s no guarantee they will match up 100% as the hair will have different tone to the clients coloured hair ?
Or are you saying to custom colour so they will fade out together ?
Thanks again girls x

That’s annoying then as someone on here was adamant I needed to pre pig to avoid green tones which I’ve done.
I used a permanent as u didn’t want much fade due to needing extensions.

Wouldn’t it be hard to custom colour them as there’s no guarantee they will match up 100% as the hair will have different tone to the clients coloured hair ?
Or are you saying to custom colour so they will fade out together ?
Thanks again girls x
Permanent colour will fade just as fast if not faster on preligtened hair, vs a semi /demi.
Permanent colours are designed for lightening the hair, or covering higher amounts of grey, semi/demi permanent is designed to deposit only. It will probably last longer, it's better for the condition, short term and long term, and much better shine with a demi/semi

Pre-pigging is putting back the missing warmer tones that are removed when bleaching the hair so it’s done when going from light to dark by at least 2 levels. As @ronray says, you’re better off using demi’s to re-colour the hair as permanent colours will always fade faster, but use permanent on the roots only, if covering grey.
If the hair has already been coloured/bleached and isn’t a uniform colour, you might need to apply different colours to different sections to ensure a natural even looking result.

Latest posts

Back