Hair colour levels!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
Basically in my opinion the difference between level 9, 8, 7 is huge whereas I would only need a level 4 and then 1 and I wouldn't miss a thing. What are your thoughts?

Do you mean anything between 4 and 1you cant tell the difference?

Lol you'll soon find out if you've not realised someone was a 4,3,2 or 1 when trying to lift, but yea I see what you mean about them being less noticeable, I've got a pull out chart with bases on to put on clients heads, it's surprising how many people are darker than I'd originally thought

I'm confused.

What you chatting at?

I feel the same!! I swear there's no difference on the colour chart between 1-4 but loads 6-10

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426456387.632825.jpglike jetblack, natural black, soft black and dark brown 😂😂😂

Luckily I hardly lighten these naturally dark bases, but expect them to be darker to avoid brass.

I get loads of 5 & 4's latley I hate lifting them, I've got a base 4 lady now wants to go global 8 preferably without bleach that's gonna be fun 😩

I get loads of 5 & 4's latley I hate lifting them, I've got a base 4 lady now wants to go global 8 preferably without bleach that's gonna be fun 😩

I feel with you😖

It depends if they are cool or warm. I find that a 4.35 gives a beautiful dark chocolate and a flat 4 is basically black. I used to use a 4 for the "dark underneath" back in the day to avoid using a one so if they wanted it lifting at a later date it would be easier to get rid of xx

So out of interest what will you use on her?

So out of interest what will you use on her?

I took a nice big test cut and split it into 3 I'm gonna do an 8.0 with 40vol a 3% bleach and a 12.1 with 40vol and see what comes of it :/ the actual colour she likes is on the ends of her hair which is a very sandy old bleach, so I'm guessing I'm going to have to bleach & tone which I really diddnt want to do tbh weel see tho lol

I took a nice big test cut and split it into 3 I'm gonna do an 8.0 with 40vol a 3% bleach and a 12.1 with 40vol and see what comes of it :/ the actual colour she likes is on the ends of her hair which is a very sandy old bleach, so I'm guessing I'm going to have to bleach & tone which I really diddnt want to do tbh weel see tho lol

I guess her ends once were lifted to a yellow (level 8) which turned sandy because of minerals in the water/environment etc. Sometimes the elements our friend lol

What about highlights with 3% bleach and then 8.31/8.13 as a glaze? You can slightly bump her base one shade while toning...

She wants global instead of foils now, got this from the 8.0 with 40vol quite pleased with thatImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426501368.864634.jpgthe top is the test and the bottom of the piece is the previous, I've done a 9.13 next to try, I'm not 100% if she's had a colour inbetween the foils before tho I hope not

It's come up quite well hasn't it.

Yea it did look like but it looked darker when rinsed :/ 3% bleach was the same too hardly lifted at all but it may be old colour on some parts, I've left them on the counter in work to dry I'll check them tommorow

Latest posts

Back