Hair colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
i had a client today who had really badly damaged bleached hair and wanted to go brown..

anyway she had the colour in and her ends didnt take properly so we did a shade darker and it took better but was a more like dark ash blonde...

it looked ok but her ends again wasnt as brown ( her ends up really bad she went to a salon and her hair fell out when they bleached it).. ..

she was ok with as it looked better then before but wasnt as brown as she wanted it..

i explained to her that we couldnt do it again but after a few weeks if we did another colour it should take to the proper brown she wanted..

im just wondering it didnt out of curiousity if anyone has any suggestions?

With badly damaged hair, you are dealing with EXTREME porosity! Treat the hair with Redken's Preart on damp hair, leave in for 5 minutes and apply Hair Cleansing Cream on top of that and work into a lather for 3 mintues rinse and treat with CAT. Apply CAT to towel dried hair for 5 mintues, rinse, towel dry and repeat 2 more times. Pre-pigment the hair with Shades EQ 07C, process for 15 minutes, shampoo and condition with Redken Extreme. Dry the hair and then use Redken's Fusion Color 5N and 10vol and process for 45 minutes at room temp. Shampoo with Redken's Real Control, and towel dry. Use Redken Chemistry System's Real Control Shot pHase for 10 mintues no heat and apply 3.5 Shot pHiz directly on top for 3 mintues and rinse. You will have beatifully reconditioned and repaired hair that is a gorgeous shade of brown! They guest will need to purchase Redken's Real Control Shampoo & Conditioner and Extreme Deep Fuel Treatment from you to control to repait and rebuild her hair.

I agree the porosity would be the problem. With hair that is badly damaged the end result is never going to be great. I always tell my clients its a 'suck it and see' situation and never make any promises.

With any colour brand you use it is always best to invest in a good porosity balancer. Spray this through the hair and dry it in. After add on your choice of pre-pig. A basic guideline for choice of colour is : anything target base 4 and below you need red; target shade between 5-7 use copper; target shade 8 and above use gold. This rule is not completely hard and fast as if I was doing a target shade above 8 that was red or copper, I would use a corresponding pre-pig.
I always dry in my pre-pig, just to make the application of the target shade easier.
I would then use my target shade on the virgin hair with the relevant peroxide. On the ends, if extremely porous and damaged, I would drop a shade lower, add equal quantities of base and target shade to my new mix and only use a semi. If I don't have it in a semi I would mix it in permanent but use no higher than 3% in it.

It's then insisting to your client that they need a decent shampoo and conditioner and to apply a deep conditioning treatment to their hair weekly.

I hope this is of some use to you. :)

Latest posts

Back