Hair colouring advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
Hi
I am just wanting opinions on what would be the best technique to get the end result for my client and also colour choices ?

She doesn’t mind going darker for a base so I’m thinking a base 5 maybe.
Pic attached what hair is now and what the goal is.
F4958095-D01D-4B18-9105-361B83E7B93A.jpeg

Hi
I am just wanting opinions on what would be the best technique to get the end result for my client and also colour choices ?

She doesn’t mind going darker for a base so I’m thinking a base 5 maybe.
Pic attached what hair is now and what the goal is. View attachment 208464
Full head very fine weaves and close together. (aiming to lift to a level 10)Paint a cool base 5 on roots inbetween foils. Then apply a full head toner to match the highlighted base if you lift to a 10, use a violet based 10. If you lift to a 9 use a violet based 9 to tone. Good luck.

Full head very fine weaves and close together. (aiming to lift to a level 10)Paint a cool base 5 on roots inbetween foils. Then apply a full head toner to match the highlighted base if you lift to a 10, use a violet based 10. If you lift to a 9 use a violet based 9 to tone. Good luck.
Thanks - would I need to
Colour all the hair out of the foil .. or just do the root and smudge it down? Thanks

Thanks - would I need to
Colour all the hair out of the foil .. or just do the root and smudge it down? Thanks
I would just kind of do a root smudge, definitely don't bring it down to the ends :)
In fact I probably wouldbt bring it down any further than the prelightened bits that are there already.

the bits that are left out the foils at the bottom which are light are not at a level 10 so how would they tone afterwards without it looking like a mixed blonde ? Sorry if this sounds thick I’m newly qualified

the bits that are left out the foils at the bottom which are light are not at a level 10 so how would they tone afterwards without it looking like a mixed blonde ? Sorry if this sounds thick I’m newly qualified
If you look closely at the picture of the hair goal, you can see inbetwen the white ends is actually a second shade. The clients hair looks warmer in the left picture, and the right picture is much cooler. Which one would you say is a better reflection of her colour?
If it's the cooler one then that colour will blend in fine. If its the warmer colour you will need to apply something inbetween the highlights.

Sorry it was the flash on my phone.. hers is more of the warmer colour. What colour would u suggest ?

Sorry it was the flash on my phone.. hers is more of the warmer colour. What colour would u suggest ?
Id be inclined to go for wella kp 8/96+9/8 + pastel.

Thank you. I use shwartzkopf so will translate them over and have a look at my colour book tomorrow. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back