Hair extension advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Hi hope you can help as trying to find a little more advice for a nail client about to have hair extensions for the first time and I have no experience in hair. Would 150/200 be enough for a full head of real hair bonded micro strand extensions? (Each strand is 0.5g). Would you recommend this type of extension and what are the pro's and con's of this type? Many thanks :)

Hi, not really,

You need to be looking around 150g as an average,( ive got very thin hair and have a sleek 120g, thicker haired towie looks is more like 200g)

I guess your supplying the hair and having a pro fit it for you? Do ask them for advice and recommendations they should see you before fitting anyway to do a couple of tests and check hair strength and colour match you. Could they not supply you? Hair really is a case of you get what you pay for, an extra £50-60 can make a lot of difference

, I'd look for 0.9 or 1g strands really as 0.5g is hard to find a good stockist and your going to be there forever doing twice as many bonds

Prebonded method is a good alrounder, just make sure your happy with the aftercare (seperating bonds, plaiting for bed, a good non sulfate shampoo, etc)

Lastly if you supply the hair make sure you buy the remover as there are a couple of types, keratin needs acetone based, italian keratin needs alchol based, one wont work on the other

;-)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi will pass this on to her..she has had some advise from the salon she is going to but wanted a little more. No I'm not supplying anything for her just said I would mention it on here for her. Thanks:)

Latest posts

Back