Hair extension advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erin251

Reaction score
I am not a hairdresser - I had some hair extensions fitted. Just wondered if anyone had any advice as I'm not sure these are for me. The lady said she would use a micro ring weave method as it's easier and quicker when someone has thick hair. I agreed and had them fitted however they are so bulky and essentially just clip in extensions sewed to my head via microrings. I understood I wasn't getting bonded/glued individual extensions , however these are bulkier than expected and uncomfortable. It's also nigh impossible to tie my hair up without seeing the wefts. I wondered if anyone had experience with the micro weave method and if this is just how it is? If so, that's fine and I'll know to get the individual bonded ones next time. The wefts run the length of my head and some are doubled in thickness so feel heavy etc also they are quite close to my crown and therefore visible when the wind moves my hair and there are like 8 wefts from the neck to the crown of my head. It was easier/less hassle to just wear clip ins.
Will go back to the hairdresser with questions but wanted to get a general opinion!

Sorry this is a professional forum we won't give advice to general public

Sorry this is a professional forum we won't give advice to general public
Why? She's asking if it's normal to have them like that there's nothing wrong with that!

I am not a hairdresser - I had some hair extensions fitted. Just wondered if anyone had any advice as I'm not sure these are for me. The lady said she would use a micro ring weave method as it's easier and quicker when someone has thick hair. I agreed and had them fitted however they are so bulky and essentially just clip in extensions sewed to my head via microrings. I understood I wasn't getting bonded/glued individual extensions , however these are bulkier than expected and uncomfortable. It's also nigh impossible to tie my hair up without seeing the wefts. I wondered if anyone had experience with the micro weave method and if this is just how it is? If so, that's fine and I'll know to get the individual bonded ones next time. The wefts run the length of my head and some are doubled in thickness so feel heavy etc also they are quite close to my crown and therefore visible when the wind moves my hair and there are like 8 wefts from the neck to the crown of my head. It was easier/less hassle to just wear clip ins.
Will go back to the hairdresser with questions but wanted to get a general opinion!
I've never worn them in this technique myself & I'm not trained in it sorry but I ware & fit bonds, if your uncomfortable I'd suggest you go to the lady who fitted them & explain how you feel & the issues your having with tying up etc, I wouldn't have thought it should be very noticeable when tying up because their wefts, I thought they were better for tying up, but as I said I'm not trained, I've often considered a weft for myself so my bonds wouldn't be so noticeable! Speak to the fitter or hang on for a few more replies and see what others say X

I agree with Surf Girl. The OP is not asking for a how-to but for advice.

I was wondering if any1 knows any good suppliers for good verging hair nano x

I've always had a weave but the plaited version and I must admit I love the bulky look it gave when I tied my hair up! I had that problem with my crown so when I had them refit I asked her to put it a little bit further down and it was fine the next time!

How visible are they when you tie your hair up? Are you talking a pony at the nape of your neck or on top of your head?

How long have you had them in? As I felt it took a week or two to settle down and stop feeling heavy as your head gets used to them and so do you.

Sorry for all the questions to you! X

I wear the LA weave method which is where the weft is sewn to micro rings. Micro Weft is where the weft is attached just by clamping sections of the weft and your own hair together.

My LA weave is super flat and it is doubled up too. I also wear my hair up most days with no issue of the weft showing. Perhaps she went to far forward?

I find micro weft is harder to tie up as it slips quicker so the weft pokes out x

Latest posts

Back