Hair extension complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I had fit a extensions for a costumer and after 1months and a half she complaining her extensions is so dry and she want me to give her another hair. At the first moment I agree coz I couldn't prove if was my falt or hers and I said I'll send to her a new her to be fitted by another hairdresser by post coz I was an able do to the job and this was the second extensions I've done on her head. But on the day I suppose to send the hair 2 other clients came for maintenance and they had the same hair and the same color and the hairs where so nice and soft .after I fit the first extensions she complained she was loosing too much hair and after telling me she was doing some treatment for bad scalp conditions anyway a chance the micro rings from 1 to 2 rings and replaced the hairs who was thin and added some more free off charge .After 1month and 3 weeks she contact me again saying she's having the same problem of loosing to much hair and she confirm again she was continued with the scalp treatment. I said I'll replace the hairs she lost and she said is fine but she was not happy still . 4 days after we have this conversation she contact me again said she went to a hairdresser for blow dry and the hair was so dried and horrible and all this after nearly 2 months after her extensions was fitted. I ask her to come for a new appointment for me to check the quality of the hair but she refused and she want me to send a new hair for her by post. Now i just no way to do. Should I send the hair to her , or should i give a refund ?

It sounds like she needs some clear aftercare advice on how to look after her extensions. What aftercare do you give to clients?

The issue your going to have is that you have already told her that you will send her another set of hair.

I think you'll have to cut your losses and give her the hair like you already agreed, but ask her to come and collect it so that you can give her proper aftercare advice and avoid this happening again.

If this was to happen again in future, book the client in for a free consultation first, work out what the issue is and how it has happened before agreeing to provide more hair.

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I asked her to come to collect the hair but she refused. I agree to send her a new set of hair before I had any prof the wasn't that bad . 2 other costumers came ater I said I was going to send another set of hair and they hairs are ok. I have sent to her pictures showing how the hairs are and she still refuses to come for me to check her hair . I explained to her I said I was going to send the hair to her not promised and she have to come to me for a new consultation but she's still refusing. Do you think even after I explained to her the situation I should send to her a new set? Thanks [emoji4]

I would tell her you are happy to replace the hair like you said you would, but you have to complete a consultation before you can replace the hair.

If she still refuses to come in then tell her that you cannot give her new hair. You need to look at the hair and find out what the issue is.

My guess is that if she still refuses to come in then she is just trying to get free hair out of you.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!![emoji4]

Our Aftercare Bible is at the printing stage and we have created especially to assist when the above problems arise. Sometimes it is very difficult to determine wether or not your clients are using the correct aftercare and wether or not they are caring for their extensions correctly and it is even harder to have the forceful conversation when you 100% know that it is not your fault or a problem with the hair. There are many things that can affect Hair Extensions so we have written this guide/booklet for Extension Technicians to give to their clients and it is in some way 'brutally honest' but it takes it away from you having to say it to them which we have found in the salons that we have trialled it in to be 100% effective. We will keep you posted as to when it arrives as it will definately help to eradicate these problems :)

That's helpful and yes i gave her advice about after care for her extensions. It still difficult to deal with her. Thanks [emoji4]

And let me know when the booklet is ready please , I'll be more than happy to have one !!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji8]

Latest posts

Back