Hair extension help, weave method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess*laura

Reaction score
Hello
Hopefully someone can help me.

I allways have prebonded extensions put in, but im considering a weave.

Can anyone answer a few questions?

How many wefts of hair would i require for a full head?

Will this method make the hair thicker than glued in extensions?
I usually get a lot maybe 275 strands put in to mine as i really want it thick.

Also i have 3 extension colours in mine, would i need to use wefts that match my hair perfectly or can i mix up a few different wefts or would this look silly?

Finally can anyone recommend where i can buy some good quality thick hair? i normally use american dream.

Hey hon - I am trained in both I unless you always want your hair down dont go weft as its in layers can look a bit boxy - if your haor is thin and you want to add short term volume then weft away but if not I personally think pre bonded is best!"

My hair is really thin, allways has been :cry:

Its really for the volume i want it for most. My hair is allways down so that will be fine.

Its the sewn in braided type im interested in.

Can they be treated like normal extensions? Am i still able to wash and dry them normally? xx

My hair is really thin, allways has been :cry:

Its really for the volume i want it for most. My hair is allways down so that will be fine.

Its the sewn in braided type im interested in.

Can they be treated like normal extensions? Am i still able to wash and dry them normally? xx

Hi i do this method alot in my salon.. i have quite a few clients with fine hair that are ok with it. and some were it up alot and there fine with it..
also what you consider fine may not be to do someone who does extensions.. i have so much people who think its really thin but its not compared to some..

but different methods suit everyones preference..

they can be treated as per norm... you dont need to use spceial shampoo as you do with bonds etc.. so maintence is quite easier.. most people like it because you dont need to have the maintence done e.g more hair added,rings tightened, etc...

clients that want it thick i double it up..

Latest posts

Back