Hair extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfaithallen

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im a newly qualified in hair extensions and was just wondering how everyone goes about removing their hair extensions? I've had my own extensions removed using a gun which was really good!! But Ive just looked it up and it appears the only removal gun available is the Balmain gun which is £100+, are there any other cheaper versions of the gun?

Also if you use acetone, what brand do you use? There are so many!!!

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Who were you trained with?

I was trained with belle. They suggested using acetone and pliers but I can't remember what brand of acetone they suggested using and also the gun, which was used on my hair, worked really well!

While you can remove some hair extensions with Acetone, there are some extension types that will not remove with this.

You need to go back to the company that you purchased the hair from to find out what type of Keratin your hair is tipped with as this is vital to what remover you will need. If you don't remove with the right remover then you could end up in a mess or the bonds will not budge.

Just got a bargain on a Balmain removal gun, £114 all in, from capital hair and beauty ;)

Latest posts

Back