Hair extension remover: What does everyone use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had so many issues with breaking the bonds down in any hair/ glue used. I've tried pure acetone on a cotton pad, sometimes then wrapped in foil and I just hated it! Lengthy, messy and unprofessional ( I felt ). I tried the Lush US spray remover and oh my, set of 200 bonds taken out in 40 mins. That might be a long time for some of you but for me thats amazing, previously was taking around 2 hours!

Also it didn't touch my gel colour on my nails which is a bonus. Yes its a bit pricey but until I invest in the balmain remover gun, its got my vote!

On a separate note, thought Id try their hair too as a budget range. Wasn't too impressed on the thickness as the ends looked a little wispy. I have a client modelling it for me at the mo so Ill report back on longevity!

Foxy gel remover for me :)

Good old Acitone and pliers always does the trick for me :wink2:

The Balmain Quick remover tool is brilliant, the UV light activates the gel that breaks the bond down so quickly along with the pressure of the clamp. The clients love it because they're not in the chair for hours on end and i love using it. It is quite pricey but when you consider how much quicker it takes to remove the extensions it's really worth the investment. Its saves so much of my time and time is money! Can't fault it. Also a bottle of the gel lasts ages xx

Oh my god never heard of balmain gun sounds amazing. X

Can you use any remover in the gun ? :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just a little question:- lady phoned up wanting her extensions cut as Extensionist couldn't cut them. Also told her she doesn't need maintenance. I booked her in for maintenance removed a few bonds, but my god they were so tough, they wouldn't crush down or disintegrate like my bonds would. Any advice? Xx

I use Balmain it's not smelly, won't strip your nail varnish and its overal a good remover. I have both gun and normal bond remover pliers and works well with both methods

Latest posts

Back