Hair extension remover: What does everyone use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
I was using Lush Us spray remover but i find it expensive considering you only get 2 clients removals out of it. Also, if i only need to top that up in my kit its very expensive with shipping for 1 or two items.

I looked at hairXtensions but thats 98% acetone and i dont like the idea of using what is pretty much pure alcohol on someones hair! Plus the fumes must be horrendous.

What does everyone else use and what can you recommend?!

Thanks! x

Just marking this for future ref :))) x

I have heard sweet orange oil works well im going to try it on my neice tomorrow when I remove her hair planet bonds ,but not all bonds are the same so need different product to remove :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I use Balmain removal gun, very pricey but makes life so much easier x

I have used acetone and its been totally fine! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I have used acetone and its been totally fine! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Yes me too :-D

when i used acetone for a few removals when i first started the clients complained of the strong smell!x

I use acetone too. It's only a tiny drop I use caught in a cotton pad behind each bond so I never find the smell that strong. Maybe my brain cells have been fried from all the chemicals though lol xx

Depends what type of bonds you removing, acetone wont work on italian keratin bonds, you need an alcohol gel or oil for that xxx Orange oil is a good all rounder but use in moderation as it can be a little strong on sensitive scalps, best to alway put a little cotton pad behind the bond to catch any drops.

Depends what type of bonds you removing, acetone wont work on italian keratin bonds, you need an alcohol gel or oil for that xxx Orange oil is a good all rounder but use in moderation as it can be a little strong on sensitive scalps, best to alway put a little cotton pad behind the bond to catch any drops.

Yes this I what I was tought :-D

I use TashaJacks hair which is bonded with Italian Keratin. I've only ever used acetone to remove it? I was never told any different and it's always worked fine. Might have to look at Orange Oil too xx

The Balmain Remover Gun is going to be my early xmas pressie to myself i think! It sounds really really good! anything that saves time removing damned bonds sounds a miracle

I use the Balmain removal gun its fab.

Most adhesives that are being used now are polyamide thermoplastic not italian keratin there is no such thing its a marketing ploy.

Pure acetone will break down the polyamide thermoplastic aswell.

i've always used acetone and i've never struggled removing extensions that i've fitted but I have had problems removing extensions fitted by others (i'm sure some people use super glue :eek:)

I use NSI acetone and it doesn't smell anywhere near as much as cheap acetone does.

How does this work?

Sorry only just seen this, put the bond in the " mouth" of the gun, deposit remover, press trigger that blast a light that breaks down the bond then crushes the bond, the bond actual turns to powder x

I always order the removal solution from same company they wear the hair from I don't find it to be expensive when they are being charged for removals anyway,that way it guaranteed they will be removed with correct solution rather than struggling or to be seen using nail acetone I had some people asking how you can put a liquid used on nails into hair so this way it saves the scare factor as it states on bottle hair extension bond remover

I always order the removal solution from same company they wear the hair from I don't find it to be expensive when they are being charged for removals anyway,that way it guaranteed they will be removed with correct solution rather than struggling or to be seen using nail acetone I had some people asking how you can put a liquid used on nails into hair so this way it saves the scare factor as it states on bottle hair extension bond remover

I do this also. Though my 1st extension course I attended advised acetone, it took ages to remove them I felt! with the bond removers from each company (oily and acetone feeling?) I can get them all out really fast xxx

Sorry only just seen this, put the bond in the " mouth" of the gun, deposit remover, press trigger that blast a light that breaks down the bond then crushes the bond, the bond actual turns to powder x

Mine just goes sticky.. Not to powder.. :s xx

Might have to look into the balmain gun myself :)

Latest posts

Back