Hair extension suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcrowe

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am quite new to this so I just want some advice really, however as I’ve looked through some of the posts I realise that other extensionists don’t like to share their suppliers???? why I’m not 100% sure, as obviously we’re not going to stealing each other’s clients been based all over the UK... I would personally think as a qualified team we should want to help each other achieve the best. However each to their own.
But if I could just ask please if somebody is willing to help me that would be great. I’ve been using euphoria one for the past four years and have loved them no problems at all, until unfortunately in the past few months I’ve had nothing but trouble with them. The colours are not the same as what the colour ring is showing and the quality is definitely not what they originally sold, I can be 100% on that. I’ve had two clients with a #18/613 mix who have ended up with baby pink tones running through the darker shade. So I’m now in a rut, I need to know some other extension companies because I’ve only ever used euphoria one, I did use lush for a little while but I wasn’t overly impressed so I do want something that’s going to be similar to Euphoria Hair price range and original quality.
Thankyou so much

Good afternoon

We hope you're well.

Since 4 years ago, some colours may of changed or have been updated since you purchased your ring. If you would like to pm us or contact us directly, we can organise a free upgrade to the swatches which have changed and we can also take a look at your ring for you to ensure the colours are matching correctly.

If your client's hair has discoloured, we will also advise on how to prevent this, rectify this and the causes.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

Euphoria x

You’ll find that many of those who do recommend specific suppliers are actually affiliated to them so probably best to use the net to research potential suppliers then buy some samples and take it from there.

Hi everyone I am quite new to this so I just want some advice really, however as I’ve looked through some of the posts I realise that other extensionists don’t like to share their suppliers???? why I’m not 100% sure, as obviously we’re not going to stealing each other’s clients been based all over the UK... I would personally think as a qualified team we should want to help each other achieve the best. However each to their own.
But if I could just ask please if somebody is willing to help me that would be great. I’ve been using euphoria one for the past four years and have loved them no problems at all, until unfortunately in the past few months I’ve had nothing but trouble with them. The colours are not the same as what the colour ring is showing and the quality is definitely not what they originally sold, I can be 100% on that. I’ve had two clients with a #18/613 mix who have ended up with baby pink tones running through the darker shade. So I’m now in a rut, I need to know some other extension companies because I’ve only ever used euphoria one, I did use lush for a little while but I wasn’t overly impressed so I do want something that’s going to be similar to Euphoria Hair price range and original quality.
Thankyou so much

I’ve been having the same issues with euphoria one. Used them for over 3 years but now Iam looking elsewhere due to them sending colours that don’t match the ring, the hair is becoming thin and the shade 18 turns pink.
If there customer serviced showed they cared it would be different story, but it’s so difficult to get a solution out of them.
I’ve been looking into simply hair.. it’s a pain because not many hair companies but are as cheap as euphoria. But when I keep having issues with them id rather just raise my prices slightly and cut out all the hassle! X

Glamlox I’ve heard good things about too x

I’ve been having the same issues with euphoria one. Used them for over 3 years but now Iam looking elsewhere due to them sending colours that don’t match the ring, the hair is becoming thin and the shade 18 turns pink.
If there customer serviced showed they cared it would be different story, but it’s so difficult to get a solution out of them.
I’ve been looking into simply hair.. it’s a pain because not many hair companies but are as cheap as euphoria. But when I keep having issues with them id rather just raise my prices slightly and cut out all the hassle! X

Good afternoon Maisy

We generally care about all our customers. We can see you are a great client of ours and that you ask for your hair to left uncut, which is why this is thinner. If you want thicker hair, our staff will cut this for you. This can depend on your client's recommendations.

First and foremost we’d like to re-assure you that discolouration/fading over a duration of time from each hair brand is not caused by a fault with the product, or a manufacturing defect. It’s usually caused by the bleach within the product reacting with several factors we can expose our hair to which are mentioned in the supplier's aftercare. It is very important to advise your clients of the risks of discolouration/fading and explain how this can be prevented or slowed down in your consultations throughout the lifespan of their hair. All dyed hair extensions will fade overtime, it’s about how we look after them and which precautions we can take to slow this down.

Light Blonde or ash pigments which has been bleached using hydrogen is the most common colours to discolour and usually change to an orange/pinkish shade. As mentioned in previous threads, this is most commonly caused by suncream, high levels of UV rays, Chlorine, Sea-Salt and high levels of hard water in your area. There is a heightened chance of discolouration/fading in hot climates aboard where the UV levels are much higher and hard-water is more prominent. The correct heat temperature with straightens or styling tongs is also very important because a high or very high heat temperature can lift the hair shade dramatically. There are several ways to protect yourself from this including Malibu C treatments, UV protections, being careful applying suncream to your facial area, using the correct heat temp and the use hair-extension only recommended products which do not contain sodium, Parabens, SLS and SLES and supplied or recommended by the supplier because these are recommended by the manufacturers.

Hair extensions that have turned from blonde to orange have simply suffered the result of violet/ash pigment stripping away from the hair, exposing the natural pigment underneath. Blonde hair extensions turn orange due to the way in which they are coloured.

In order to achieve the shades of blonde we have become accustomed to, violet and ash pigments are required to neutralise any warmth in hair that is coloured from dark to light, this is what gives blonde hair its beautiful neutral tone. If hair is dyed blonde, and no violet or ash pigments are applied, depending on the original colour of the hair, the colour will look much warmer, brassy is the term blondes like to call this effect. Blonde hair becoming brassy is common place in the blonde community, and light brown/blonde hair extensions turning orange is the same issue, its just that many fail to make the connection between the 2 processes.

The reason blonde hair extensions can turn this unsightly shade of orange, is because the violet and ash pigments have been lifted away from the hair, exposing the warmer pigment underneath.

If you ever need any more information sent to you in detail which can be sent to your clients as part of your consolation form, we have a manufacturers spec we would be happy to send.

Euphoria x

This is not an appropriate forum for discussing complaints. I have deleted the specific posts and suggest that posters contact the supplier directly to resolve any outstanding issues.

I also think some of these minor complaints wouldn’t exist if the people fitting extensions understood the science behind colouring hair. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back