Hair extension training course...slightly worried

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbi_123

Reaction score
I've been looking around on the previous threads about recommended training courses and how they must be Habia approved etc, and people were advising many courses except the course I recently completed.

My course was with 'The national beauty institute Leicester' which costs me A LOT of money, and i'm getting slightly worried as i'm sure it wasn't habia approved.
They did give me a list of insurers who would insure me and I feel the training was good.
I learned fusion bonding, micro rings, shrink rings and weaving with a live model for each method and one to one training all week, however i'm still feeling a bit unsure if I was massively ripped off.

Firstly because it does not state anywhere on the site anything about Habia and secondly because I've come away still feeling unsure of some areas.

Has anyone else attended one of their courses? (im sure they have a intitute in London aswell)

If so how did you find it?

as long as you can get insured is your main issue.. there are courses not accredited by habia that people can do if your a hairdresser you would have insurance anyway.. also there are quite a few other companies that can accredit courses not just habia..

i would ring the insurance companies as you need insurance to work on the public..

also you wouldnt feel 100% confident anyway as was only a week you need to practise on models , family., friends... etc..

I've been looking around on the previous threads about recommended training courses and how they must be Habia approved etc, and people were advising many courses except the course I recently completed.

My course was with 'The national beauty institute Leicester' which costs me A LOT of money, and i'm getting slightly worried as i'm sure it wasn't habia approved.
They did give me a list of insurers who would insure me and I feel the training was good.
I learned fusion bonding, micro rings, shrink rings and weaving with a live model for each method and one to one training all week, however i'm still feeling a bit unsure if I was massively ripped off.

Firstly because it does not state anywhere on the site anything about Habia and secondly because I've come away still feeling unsure of some areas.

Has anyone else attended one of their courses? (im sure they have a intitute in London aswell)

If so how did you find it?

I did this course just under a year ago and after a really slow start I am now making alot of money doing extensions. I did think that 8 methods was too much to take in in one week and i only do 5 of the methods now. Overall very glad i did the course as it gives me more time with my daughter and i'm earning more than i was before. you just need time to build up your clients.

I got my insurance through salon gold btw.

Latest posts

Back