Hair extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hello geeks. I am thinking about doing hair extension training. I think maybe with studio 58. I just wanted to know from those of you that have done the training, how important do you think it is to do your training on a live model.? Does it matter or is it all down to practice after you have been shown. Not sure if this is a stupid question but can you colour the hair and can you use straighteners on it. Also if a client wants the hair removed say after 3 months, what do u do with the hair? Do u give it to the client?

You can use a model if you wish, they just need to cover the cost of the hair, and also need to be aware that they will have 2/3 techniques in their hair.

As part of your assessment you have to carry out a case study on a live model anyway before receiving your cert.

I done my training with studio 58 on a block but as said above I had to do a set on a live model after the course and send pictures before they sent me my certificate. At least you don't just do a few extensions on a block and get passed off straight away. Alot of courses are like that and I think that's why there are alot of cowboys about x

Oh thats great, I think Im going to go ahead and book it!!! excited!!!!

Latest posts

Back