Hair extensionists please read!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty-in-pink

Reaction score
hey fellow geeks :hug:

im doing half a head of hair extensions on my two friends as i need the expierence because ive never even attempted half a head let alone a full head!

i was wondering where do i start the 1st section from? do i do a bond then leave a gap then do another bond on the section or do i just do a full row of bonding without spaces? im so baffled a fellow geek has gave me some information and helped me alot but i wouldnt mind some more input and how you would do it?

this is going from my diagram from my notes...one solid row then you have the occipitial bone then just above do another solid row then 1/2 gap then another solid row then it goes on to closely scattered extensions which has a space of 1/2cm between each extension on the section then it goes on to micro bonds with a 1/2cm gap also

what do you think?

any input would be greatful im qualified in balmain hair but on the day we only done individual extensions not half a head or full head and thats the only diagram ive got in my notes unless ive got something in my balmain book but i couldnt see anything the other day god im so useless!

x

Hi, that sounds fine what you have described above

if its just to add length on shoulder length hair
I usually do mostly solid rows to quickly build up length and thickness leaving a gap between each row
(so that the extensions are not sitting on top or touching each other)

I leave larger gaps between rows when I am nearer the top ,

I usually start at the nape around two or more inches up

but this all depends on the nape and the natural hair lengths
you can start lower if you prefer

(but I dont like starting too low in the nape as it has no beneficial effect and can be uncomfortable )
I may do just few scattered ones within the nape if I really need to
but as I said I dont like going in too low,

I work up to the occitipal bone, then I leave the occitipal bone area out completely ,
then I start to do looser rows as I go further up and over past the occitipal bone

I tend to do them by eye when im finishing off the front above the ears , I will sometimes pop a few in here and there near the top (scattered)

I tend to add a few more on the opposite side of the hair parting were the hair is always thicker because of the parting

my bonds mostly remain the same size throughout ,

but they will get a bit smaller around the front hairline parts were the hair is finer and weaker ,
and maybe a few smaller ones in the top part if I need to add them

hope this made sense :hug:

hey hun thanks for messaging youve been such a help :hug:

x

Latest posts

Back