Hair extensions - advice on beginners courses please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trained with km never again glad i got hairdressing knowledge and this site to get me through, i felt more qualified after reading salon geek if truthful! Xx

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the comments, its much appreciated.

Im really glad Ive found this site too, Ive learnt so much and Im sure it will be a Godsend to me in the future.

Keep the advice coming.

Kathair xx

Don't go with KM awful training and no help after!! X

I agree!!!! I trained with them sent off my assessments and I've had no reply or my certificate! And the trainer didn't give all the kit or training

I trained with connect 2 hair & highly recommend them x

Thanks for the feedback Megan, it was lovely to meet you. Please keep in touch I have pm'd you.:Love:

If you are a hairdresser, I would save your money up and go on Great Lengths or Extension professional. From what I have heard, from many people, the training you receive is second to none. It is not just a day course done in 6 hours.

I trained with Belle, and have ended up self teaching as the training was pretty poor, they don't teach you how to cut and blend to the standard a paying client would want, either. The customer care after from belle has been pretty poor, as I have a problem with my certificate and after 17 phone calls I am no further forward.

I did a Great Lengths course last year in April and it wAs excellent. More informative than a lot of others but then your not learning five methods in one day. You can't learn five methods it's impossible.

If your a trained hairdresser then I would recommend Extension Professional aswell as Great Lengths.

I did a Great Lengths course last year in April and it wAs excellent. More informative than a lot of others but then your not learning five methods in one day. You can't learn five methods it's impossible.

If your a trained hairdresser then I would recommend Extension Professional aswell as Great Lengths.

How much was the course with them? Xx

Just wanted to add a reply for anyone looking for a beginners course for hair extensions. I did mine yesterday with hair rebellion in hull & thought it was brilliant! So happy I made the right choice. Loved the one 2 one learning 2 methods both on live model. & feel really confident in fitting extensions now can't wait to get started :) xx

Just wanted to add a reply for anyone looking for a beginners course for hair extensions. I did mine yesterday with hair rebellion in hull & thought it was brilliant! So happy I made the right choice. Loved the one 2 one learning 2 methods both on live model. & feel really confident in fitting extensions now can't wait to get started :) xx

Think I will train with these what 2 methods did u choose?

Think I will train with these what 2 methods did u choose?

I chose micro ring & micro weft based on my area, research your area first to see what's popular as they're all different. But I highly recommend them xx

All our courses are One Day Courses, with the option of a 2nd day (the following day) free, to enable you to do another full head of extensions and build up your speed and confidence.

I trained with belle this month, found it ok but feel like I need a bit more help/advice doing them... also they don't tell you about any suppliers other than glamorous lengths which I think are ok but would like a few other options too

I trained with belle this month, found it ok but feel like I need a bit more help/advice doing them... also they don't tell you about any suppliers other than glamorous lengths which I think are ok but would like a few other options too

I think it's all research I know a lot of people recommend angel remy, angels locks, studio 58, foxy lox, beauty works. I don't think you can go far wrong with angel remy though. Can you not go back for free for a little extra training? I'm sure they offer this xx

As far as we are aware all ABT Accredited Companies will offer a 2nd day of training FREE of charge. If you phone them up you could ask when the next date available is in your area and go along for another day.

Hope this helps.

i trained with KM in leeds a few weeks ago, was abit wary after reading different reviews on here but i feel really confident and fit my first full head this week! i had no extensions experience but i do hairdressing at college which helps with the cutting etc i suppose :)

Latest posts

Back