Hair extensions and scuba diving

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess*laura

Reaction score
Anyone ever gone scuba diving with Hair extensions?

I would cover them in conditioner and tie them in a tight pleat first.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how they will hold up? Im going on holiday and usually scuba dive while im away but this time will have extensions in.
im nto bothered about the extensions lasting longer than the 2 weeks, ill happily take them out when i get home and get new ones i just dont want them ruined while imaway.

Anyone ever gone scuba diving with Hair extensions?

I would cover them in conditioner and tie them in a tight pleat first.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how they will hold up? Im going on holiday and usually scuba dive while im away but this time will have extensions in.
im nto bothered about the extensions lasting longer than the 2 weeks, ill happily take them out when i get home and get new ones i just dont want them ruined while imaway.
well its nice to see some one thinking ahead. lol.
yes your methods is correct IF you have to scuba dive.
if your hair extension quality is poor (notty and dry) you might find that even your methods MIGHT cause the hair to become one huge matt or knot. be careful that this does not happen.Please don't panic. this only happens if you have poor quality hair.
poor quality hair reveals itself after 3- 4 weeks of wear. the coating comes off and presto you have bad hair.
you will now when and if its bad.

Thanks for replying :hug:

I will get them just before i go away, and if they are wrecked when i get back and need new ones thats fine, as long as they dont end up a mess half way through my holiday lol.

Ive never tried european hair, but might give it a try next time i get my extensions in.

Do you have any recommendations of where to get european hair?

Do you think the extensions would last longer if i got a weave instead? xxx

If you have Cinderella extensions (protein bond) you can't scuba dive - the bonds need to be dry all the time and dried immediately after showers, otherwise they become white instead of transparent and possibly weaken.

If you have Cinderella extensions (protein bond) you can't scuba dive - the bonds need to be dry all the time and dried immediately after showers, otherwise they become white instead of transparent and possibly weaken.

That would probs be the same with most bonds then huh? :cry:

Maybe i could get a weave! Hmmmmm Im scared a weave would look really fake

Hi

One more thing to consider is that if you put loads of conditioner on your hair extensions and it gets on the bonds, the bonds will weaken significantly.
I had a client who covered the ends of her hair in conditioner but then piled the hair on to the top of her head and left it on for over 2 hours whilst she watched a film! The conditioner had soaked through the hair on to her bonds and they had all softened.

I guess a lot of it depends on how much you are diving. If it is a one-off whilst on holiday then you should get away with it, but if you are going on a 2 week diving holiday then to be honest I wouldn't bother. You would be better waiting until you get back then having them in to show off with your new tan!

Sarah x

Latest posts

Back