Hair extensions for people with a hair transplant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie ellie

Reaction score
Hi geeks! im new on this site this is my first post. Im a newly qualified extensionist so im still learning the tricks of the trade.Im hoping you ladies can help me, i have a friend who had a hair transplant about 18 months ago. Her hair has grown back in but is very fine, she is wanting afull head of extensions but im concerned that her hair may be fragile. Any advice? ive googled it but nothing comes up. If extensions are ok to use ,shall i use 0.5g instead of the usual 0.8g I usually use?any advice welcome. Thanks in advance! ellie xx

I wouldnt fit them to anyone who had a hair transplant.

Agreed I wouldn't go near a transplant client for extensions, too risky x

Do not touch with a 10 foot bargepole!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo def not! x

Hi geeks! im new on this site this is my first post. Im a newly qualified extensionist so im still learning the tricks of the trade.Im hoping you ladies can help me, i have a friend who had a hair transplant about 18 months ago. Her hair has grown back in but is very fine, she is wanting afull head of extensions but im concerned that her hair may be fragile. Any advice? ive googled it but nothing comes up. If extensions are ok to use ,shall i use 0.5g instead of the usual 0.8g I usually use?any advice welcome. Thanks in advance! ellie xx

Are you a qualified hairdresser or have you just done a Hair extension course ? Don't mean to sound mean, honestly. I am not a hairdresser but have seen many posts and spoken to many hair professionals about the new "Non- Hairdresser" Extensionists out there without the knowledge and experience that a hairdresser would have. Please don't feel that I am attacking you or your profession, I am really just curious.

Oh my lord noooooooooooo!! x

I have lot of experience in Hair Extensions Industry and having contact with famous females which use hair Extensions.

I think 0.5g Hair Extensions are light weight and its perfect for anyone.

Last edited:
Oh dear noooooooo ! Tell her to get a 3/4 wig instead!

I have lot of experience in Hair Extensions Industry and having contact with famous females which use hair Extensions.

What has having contact with famous females who use hair extensions got to do with anyone having a hair transplant.

If you have had a hair transplant why would you want to attach anything to it please ............ I am speaking out of term here but for gods sake its common sense.

100% DO NOT fit extensions to her hair, the added pressure and weight will just undo all the hardwork and cost she has gone through for the transplant.

LOL are you serious? Darling most decent technitions will have had contact with 'famous females' but that has nothing to do with someone wanting to fit extensions into hair which has been treated with a hair transplant - if you are as experienced as you say you are im completely thrown that you would even suggest this???
:sad:

I wouldn't want to risk it ,she could contact her surgeon and see what they say but pretty sure it will be a no to suspending anything off them,bonds rings even clips :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back