Hair extensions help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Ramsey

Reaction score
I have trained last month in fitting hair extensions, this was my second go at fitting hair for my sister in law . She supplied her own hair which was micro ring hair on the loop it came with 2 rings already attached. She only wanted 100 stands in , I would have preferred more! Could someone please tell me if I am doing this correctly or what I should be doing differently? Sis in law is happy with her hair but would like more in now ..I didn't fit many in the sides as I found her hair quite thin and a lot shorter there .. How many should usually be in the sides ? Also she wouldn't allow me to cut it after at the bottom
Thank you in advance [emoji4]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477141803.681692.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477141833.699714.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477141857.352937.jpg

There is no set number of bonds for the sides or the back of the hair. It is all based on how it looks. If clients bring their own hair and you feel as though they dont have enough try fitting from the top down. That way if you have to get more and fit another day their hair should still look OK. This is why we ensure our trainees fit a full head of extensions at training and shape them in to assist when this happens. If you require further advice please feel free to call us :)

Thank u [emoji4] I left a row in between so I was thinking I could fit more in there when the new hair arrives ? Do these pics look to you like I'm doing it correctly? I'm so nervous to start looking for clients i would like to make sure I'm doing everything perfect before I start charging anyone xx

They look fine to me , I cannot see the sides however on those pictures but from the back it looks as though you could do with a few more in the sides (obviously you mentioned you didnt have any more hair) and also you havent fitted too close to the scalp which is good :)

Thank you ! I only got about 10 in each side I couldn't find room for any more without them being noticable xx

Latest posts

Back