Hair extensions highlights help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParissD

Reaction score
I have a lady enquiring about having highlight extensions in her own dark brown hair. I was just wondering how this would work ? Would I just buy mixed extensions and fit them as normal or re-tip to get colour ? And what would crown look like if I leave it dark brown ?

I am relatively new to extensions and never applied anything like this before.

Does anyone knowledgeable have any pictures to help please really appreciate this !

Thanks x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399674752.595575.jpg
This is what the client is wanting ? Her own hair colour ontop and blonde through, would it be x2 colours or just one colour of blonde going through. Any help please x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399691252.619694.jpg
This is my mums hair she wanted highlights instead of dying her hair i used 2 colours, started off with any colour left a gap then the other other and so on and then i left a row then did the same all the way up but got a little closer towards the top!

For that picture is she having brown aswell as the highlights as in a full head? If so i would do maybe a row or 2 rows of brown, then a row of blonde then another row of brown then a row of blonde, you dont want it to look streaky! For the sides dont go too close the hair line with the blonde as you will see them when you put the hair up if that makes sense? You would need to put maybe 2 rows of brown at the top to avoid a streaky look, as you are doing it you can acess this yourself! For a highlighted affect you could use 2 colours, more of the main colour she is wanting providing the colours are very similar to give a 2 tone affect? Hope that helps! xx

I've done a similar sort of thing but the girl had blonde hair and wanted black like xtina. I did a triangle shape of black in the back and the rest to match her hair colour so didn't look odd when she put it up it worked quite well :) let me know if that doesn't make sense! I used maybe about 50 strands if black (but she did have thick hair) xx

Thanks geeks for helping ! She already has the brown and stated her is mid around shoulder length, her hair is a little darker also she said. Tried to get as much info as possible without a consultation is hard work ! lol

I was thinking about doing the natural colour first and then adding the blonde in there somewhere, by the picture it also looks like 2 different blondes though or is that just myself ? Lol x

Latest posts

Back