Hair Extensions Maintenance...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
6-8 weeks after having them fitted the client has to come back for maintenance...
Im aware its to avoid matting, but what else?
It wasnt covered very well in my training, So would like to pick your brains.
One client of mine says she has 'top-ups' every 6 weeks.
So im guessing thats to replace any lost bonds.
But after the 3-4 month period after having them fitted, they have to be removed and a fresh set put in?
Thank you geeks!
xox

wash with shampoo and cond for hair extensions, don't get conditioner on bonds, when going to bed tye in a loose pony tail. don't go to bed with bonds wet... trying to think of others... xxx

i would take out after 3 months but depending on what hair you use can be put back in for another 3 months! balmain have a 6 months garantee i think? xx

In my experience every client is differerent so the 6 weeks maintenance is not always a rule of thumb. I have some that require no maintenance for the whole 12 weeks. I am usually colouring their roots at 6 weeks to do keep a good eye on them. new clients i check them a couple of weeks in. Some need work at 6 weeks onwards but go by the individual. i find when "top ups " are often needed at 6 weeks its often due to low hair quality or incorrect install. For instance Cinderella will not budge for the 12 weeks and very little shedding. I find celebrity elite great for the three months as well.
Other reasons can be if the client washes hair alot/ exercises alot and not following correct aftercare.
With fine/ fragile hair clients i do sometimes do the out and in at 8/10 weeks.
It is best to explain at consultation/install the importance of bond seperation every day as the hair grows, this should avoid matting.
If "top ups" are required at 6 weeks then the maintenance required would be to look through all the bonds thouroughly, reseal any that have split and remove and input any that seem to have slipped or the hair to extension ratio looks incorrect , if hair has thinned and no longer to clients satisfaction then you can replace and add some new hair but in most case with correct install and care they should last the 10/12 weeks.
Hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back