Hair extensions on damaged hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
hello

I had a girl message me asking if she could have extensions as her hair is thin from over bleaching and damaged.

I said that I wouldn’t recommend them and that I would never risk further damage to somebody’s hair.

She said that she hasn’t bleached it since August so the hair regrowth is in good condition and that’s what I’ll be applying the extensions too, what do you think? Do you think it would be ok?

She wants micro rings xx

hello

I had a girl message me asking if she could have extensions as her hair is thin from over bleaching and damaged.

I said that I wouldn’t recommend them and that I would never risk further damage to somebody’s hair.

She said that she hasn’t bleached it since August so the hair regrowth is in good condition and that’s what I’ll be applying the extensions too, what do you think? Do you think it would be ok?

She wants micro rings xx

have you seen her hair face to face?
first point of call would be to see her hair and do the relevant tests (elasticity, scalp etc)
offer a consultation and see for yourself
in some cases hair extensions can help her hair grow, provided she does the aftercare very thoroughly and uses the correct products
i've had customers tell me their hair is wrecked beyond repair etc but it actually just needs a good hair mask and a thorough scrub lol
or in other cases they think we can wave a magic wand and their hair would be fabulous within a few hours but actually needs cutting all the damaged hair off
xx

Aw thanks for your quick reply, sorry I should have added that I will see her for a consultation!

What is the elasticity test? We didn’t get taught this in training

Many thanks
Tina xx

If her root regrowth is is more then 2cm and is virgin hair it should be OK, as the strain will only be on this part, however if her hair needs conditioning often she will have to bare in mind that she can not condition near the bonds as it will cause them to slip xx

I would do consultation to check the condition of her hair but would not fit the extensions on damaged hair x

Latest posts

Back