hair extensions popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lianm1

Reaction score
hi all i am taking over a beauty salon very soon in Essex,one of the ways that i would like to grow the business is in hair extensions,after having them myself for over ten years although since i changed jobs i don't have them anymore i have been giving some thought to introducing them into the salon at a later date,by pure coincidence i have been struggling to find a beauty therapist who can do acrylic nails and was contacted by a hairdresser who has been doing nails for three years in a salon where she also works as a hairdresser and does hair extensions,i am now in a dilemma of what to do it seems odd to employ someone who has no beauty skills other than acrylics and hair extensions as if i don't have any clients for that particular service that day then her wage wont be compensated,but at the same time i do feel that hair extensions would be a great advantage to the salon,as there is not a lot of competition in the local area,and also i have no one who can do acrylics at present,i suppose what i am asking is do you think i could generate enough business for hair extensions to justify taking on someone who is only skilled in two particular areas,are extensions popular enough

hi all i am taking over a beauty salon very soon in Essex,one of the ways that i would like to grow the business is in hair extensions,after having them myself for over ten years although since i changed jobs i don't have them anymore i have been giving some thought to introducing them into the salon at a later date,by pure coincidence i have been struggling to find a beauty therapist who can do acrylic nails and was contacted by a hairdresser who has been doing nails for three years in a salon where she also works as a hairdresser and does hair extensions,i am now in a dilemma of what to do it seems odd to employ someone who has no beauty skills other than acrylics and hair extensions as if i don't have any clients for that particular service that day then her wage wont be compensated,but at the same time i do feel that hair extensions would be a great advantage to the salon,as there is not a lot of competition in the local area,and also i have no one who can do acrylics at present,i suppose what i am asking is do you think i could generate enough business for hair extensions to justify taking on someone who is only skilled in two particular areas,are extensions popular enough

Hi , why not charge her a flat rent for a space in the salon, or she could pay you a percentage of what she earns

then you dont have to pay a wage ,
she can just pay you instead ,
do get it put in writing though

hope that made sense :)

Latest posts

Back