Hair extensions shedding, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcellajx

Reaction score
I've been ordering from sjk for a while now and the hair has always been great and I've never bad any complaints, but last week I fitted 22" blonde AAA hair on a client and she has said it is shedding a lot. I'll be taking a look at her hair during the week and replacing any that are wearing thin but confidence is feeling knocked :(

has anyone else had similar problems?

I've been ordering from sjk for a while now and the hair has always been great and I've never bad any complaints, but last week I fitted 22" blonde AAA hair on a client and she has said it is shedding a lot. I'll be taking a look at her hair during the week and replacing any that are wearing thin but confidence is feeling knocked :(

has anyone else had similar problems?

Which method have you used to install them? Also when you say shedding, is the hair from within the bonds shedding or is the client losing bonds too?

Which method have you used to install them? Also when you say shedding, is the hair from within the bonds shedding or is the client losing bonds too?

micro rings, she's not losing bonds it's just thinning :/ never had this problem before.

micro rings, she's not losing bonds it's just thinning :/ never had this problem before.

Not seen that with micro rings before, only bonds when not sealed properly at the bottom which is why i asked. Was the hair shedding when you were installing it?

Personally I would take a look at whats going on - i assume you used silicone lined rings and not threaded ones?

Not seen that with micro rings before, only bonds when not sealed properly at the bottom which is why i asked. Was the hair shedding when you were installing it?

Personally I would take a look at whats going on - i assume you used silicone lined rings and not threaded ones?

it did slightly but not enough at all that I felt I needed to turn client away :/
yeah always use silicone lined rings

do you cut the tips? Cutting the tips can crack the bonds which can make them sheed x

do you cut the tips? Cutting the tips can crack the bonds which can make them sheed x

yeah they told me to as the tips never fit the rings :/ I've always had to cut them and never had this problem, I've asked some of my previous clients and they've had no probs.

yeah they told me to as the tips never fit the rings :/ I've always had to cut them and never had this problem, I've asked some of my previous clients and they've had no probs.

Sorry i thought it was stick tips you was working with not pre bonded. That is strange then, as i always cut my nail tips down and never have this problem :s x

Well its conflicting information because I was told by SJK to cut the stick tips I had when I complained they were too large. They said the keratin saturates the whole way through so it doesnt compromise on stability.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well its conflicting information because I was told by SJK to cut the stick tips I had when I complained they were too large. They said the keratin saturates the whole way through so it doesnt compromise on stability.

There stick tips are to big !! You have to cut them x

Sorry i thought it was stick tips you was working with not pre bonded. That is strange then, as i always cut my nail tips down and never have this problem :s x

sorry I didn't make it too clear but yeah they are stick tips and I've always cut them and they've always been fine, i even cut my own and I've not lost one. one of the tips were so shabby I couldn't put it in, I'll try and attach a photo when I get home :/ x

On my training i was advised not to the cut tips because when you do it then cracks the glue and breaks the seal which then makes it more likely to sheed. Which makes sense to me, because you can see when you cut the tips sometimes they can fray.

Latest posts

Back