Hair extensions/starting alone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmb21

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at hair extension courses.

I have my NVQ Level 1 already and hopefully start my NVQ Level 2 in September at college as I have kids this was the better option.

Anyway... I've been thinking about it and as I'd ideally like to be self employed on the hair extension side of things, how do you start out?

I've not got loads of money and obviously it'll take a fair bit to get started I'm just wondering how I would promote myself and whether you offer dicounts at the beginning ect..

Any advice to help me decide whether it's worth it or not..? :)

I did my course with KM, I then practiced like mad before starting to have clients.
I set up my Facebook page, had a few cards made on Vistaprint and that's it.
I'm looking at advertising elsewhere but at the moment Facebook alone is keeping me as busy as I want to be.
It is definately worth it, best decision I ever made :)
From Sept I will be on a cutting course part-time at college so I can cut them in too.

hi chelsey xo what was the training like with km as i have been thinking about training with with i too am in south wales where abouts are you, was it cardiff you trained with them? thanks in advance

Hiya hun, I trained in Pontypool. I found the trainer not very good at all, I think we was her first class! There was one hairdresser and one beautician who grouped together then me and another girl, the trainer just seemed to focus on them! But perhaps there will be someone different at Cardiff. I know a lot of people on here have gave nothing but good reviews with them so perhaps I was unlucky.
What methods are you doing?
Xx

i want to do pre bonded,

There are plenty of ways to get your name out there without spending much/any money on your marketing.

Google places is FREE & excellent for getting your business on the first page of google locally. So if somebody is searching for 'hair extensions cardiff' (just an example) and you have a google places listing for that location you will be right up there.

Getting a website asap would be good, there are plenty of easy to use website builders, but the key is to make sure it is correctly optimised so your site actually gets found by your prospective clients

A lot of our 'students' have a good deal of success with gumtree - you can do free or featured listings. Featured listings get veru good results, but are around £9 per week, So maybe a free listing first to see if that brings you any business.

Facebook is a great platform, but just be careful as it can attract the wrong sort of client.

Regards your pre bonded training KM are not your only option:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back