Hair extensions starting out help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
I recently trained in hair extensions and I'm having trouble getting clients to have it done to start with at a reduced price for before and after pictures. Does anyone have any tips. I'm on gumtree and Facebook!!

I recently trained in hair extensions and I'm having trouble getting clients to have it done to start with at a reduced price for before and after pictures. Does anyone have any tips. I'm on gumtree and Facebook!!
Have you got instagram too? That's where I get most of my enquiries? What i also do, is 'like' peoples pictures. Use hash tags for places/clubs around where you live and search those hash tags, or use the 'places' button on Instagram, you can then see who has tagged themselves in a place near you, like one of their pictures Is there topshop/zara in Aberdeen that has its own instagram page? go on there, go on peoples profiles and just like a picture. Its a bit tedious, but it then draws people to your instagram page because they think "oh who is this" and then look at your work.

I completed a hair extension course in September, started my instagram page then now I have 230 followers. I have only done four sets of hair extensions to date, but i have just refit one of my first sets, and have two more people booked in, as well as 2 more consultations. So by Christmas hopefully i should have 6/7 clients, all in different groups of friends.

That's brilliant thanks so much! I never even thought of that

I've found the same problem and its annoying when you don't have many pics to advertise with! Need to give Instagram a go xx

Just build your portfolio of before and afters! Start by doing friends for a reduced price and offering on Gumtree for a cheaper rate as you're just starting out. Make sure you have a website as it makes you seem more proffessional and like this is not just a hobby

Also register on all the free directory websites as this really helps to find people in your area. But most of all just practice practice practice! Then your work will speak for you. We rely almost solely on Google and Word of Mouth at this point. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back