Hair extensions suddenly matting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
I have a client who has had her hair extensions in for about 8-10 weeks now. She has had them refit once with me, but called yesterday to say they have started matting, not at the root but further down. She said she has had to cut knots out of them and her partner said the only way to describe them was “they look melted”.

I asked if she had changed shampoo, she said she has done nothing differently.

Strange for them to start doing this a few months after having them in?

I recommend an oil to her to help and asked her to get back in touch if it continues and come to me to show me.

Can anyone shed any light as to why extensions may start to matt half way down, after a couple of months of wearing them? These hair extensions should be at least lasting 6 months if not longer.

Where are they from?

Are you sure their the 6 month ones & not the 3?

Its ok i have spoken to the supplier. x

Possibly a bad batch. X

Omg have had the same problem!! I had to refund the customer it looked like a ball of dreadlocks ! X

Never have a problem with prestige. Although they are never wearable for more than 6 months. Most clients get anywhere between 3-6 months x

Never have a problem with prestige. Although they are never wearable for more than 6 months. Most clients get anywhere between 3-6 months x
I've had two clients have problems with them matting and tangling after only 2-3 washes which I was shocked by because of all the positive reviews on here x

Hi
By the sound of it that is cuticle stripped hair
You should always use Remy hair
(Cuticle correct )
Unfortunately there is a big market out there and everybody want your money ..
Another reason could be the after care is not correct
Always use a conditioner for extensions
After shampooing the hair towel dry apply plenty of it on mid lengths and lengths
Brush in section
Leave for 15 minutes and rince well
Hope this help
Manuela Soltazzi

I've had two clients have problems with them matting and tangling after only 2-3 washes which I was shocked by because of all the positive reviews on here x
Did you contact prestige? They're probably the best company ever for customer service so they should've sorted it for you!

Did you contact prestige? They're probably the best company ever for customer service so they should've sorted it for you!
I am sending the hair back, it was 2 colours, 2a and 2b, my lady only had two small rows, the bottom row is fine, its just the next one up! so strange!

That's strange, where in the head are they placed? I did have a client who's bottom row all snapped to about 4 inches using euphoria! But the row directly above was COMPLETELY fine! Turned out she didn't brush her hair very often and was quite the perspirater, so they got matted on the bottom row touching her neck and she'd yank through them when she did get around to brushing! Sounds like a mechanical problem not the hair if the hair on the bottom row is completely fine x

I agree most of the times is the wrong aftercare
I give my clients a free wash and blow to show them how it's done
X

That's strange, where in the head are they placed? I did have a client who's bottom row all snapped to about 4 inches using euphoria! But the row directly above was COMPLETELY fine! Turned out she didn't brush her hair very often and was quite the perspirater, so they got matted on the bottom row touching her neck and she'd yank through them when she did get around to brushing! Sounds like a mechanical problem not the hair if the hair on the bottom row is completely fine x
thing is she wears them up most of the time, they are practically below one another, the difference is hair is crazy!

thing is she wears them up most of the time, they are practically below one another, the difference is hair is crazy!

she may be wearing them up to sleep or not brushing before she sleeps etc, if some of them are fine it strongly suggests that its something she may be doing with after care. sometimes clients just don't understand the importance of using the correct products and brushing frequently also putting in a loose low ponytail or plait before bed. if they are wearing it up in a high ponytail or bun most of the time and not brushing it will affect the hair x

Latest posts

Back