Hair extensions turned orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locks&lashes

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a hair extension client who's extensions have turned orangey. She has been abroad and has used all the appropriate after care to care for her hair while away in the sun.

It appears to be mainly the light brown parts of the extensions that have gone orangey.

The extensions were from Euphoria One if that helps.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be? Thank you x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424535628.256909.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424535636.905819.jpg

This is exactly how mine went on holiday, bright orange and I'm usually a very light ash blonde! It was horrendous.

I can honestly say I have no idea how it happened, I don't put my head in the water as I have ear problems and aren't allowed to.

Very bizarre. This year I'm going on holiday without my extensions as it's not worth the money loss when they are destroyed.

Following incase any one has a solution to it.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Like your own hair the sun will make them lighter

That doesn't make sense for mine which was already very light ash blonde and then turned bright orange.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Alot of hotels abroad put chemicals in their water systems so that could be the reason why as well. It's never really a good idea to go abroad with extensions i always recommend not to and to wash your hair throughly with fresh water from bottles if possible

This happened to one of my clients I think it's just due to the water abroad. I used the Malibu c crystal gel and it came out :)

Thanks Lesley,

Where did you order this from?
I can only seem to find it in USA?

X

Generally a purple shampoo will pull the Orange tone out. It's generally caused by rust in the water tanks

Euphoria One are not alone on this, I must admit it has happened to my own brand of Brazilian hair, it did fade after my client got home and washed her hair a few times. Same scenario, she used the correct aftercare and only ever got the underneath of her hair wet which is inevitable on holiday so not her fault at all, and this is the only bit that become discoloured.
Although my Indian hair (different manufacturer/country) has never done this at all in all the 12 years I have been with them, must be the way they are processed?

When I did my training I was told this happens when the client has applied an oil to her hair say the night before when she washed and dried her hair and the next day in the sun the mixture of the oil and heat has burnt the hair. Apparently orange abroad means burnt! Xx

Thank you ladies!

We are going to try the pigmented shampoo and see how we go!
Xx

When I did my training I was told this happens when the client has applied an oil to her hair say the night before when she washed and dried her hair and the next day in the sun the mixture of the oil and heat has burnt the hair. Apparently orange abroad means burnt! Xx

Wow that's a bit scary! I tell all my clients to use Argan oil on the mid lengths and ends to keep the hair soft .. Only had one client have extensions when on holiday and hers were fine ( dark brown ) but I will need to bare this in mind for future!

What else could we suggest they use if on holiday?

I suggested to my client that if she was going in the pool to put a conditioning treatment on the ends to create a barrier from the chlorine and sun , which she said she did do.. maybe that helped? Xx

Wow that's a bit scary! I tell all my clients to use Argan oil on the mid lengths and ends to keep the hair soft .. Only had one client have extensions when on holiday and hers were fine ( dark brown ) but I will need to bare this in mind for future!

What else could we suggest they use if on holiday?

I suggested to my client that if she was going in the pool to put a conditioning treatment on the ends to create a barrier from the chlorine and sun , which she said she did do.. maybe that helped? Xx

I know! I had it happen to a client she had blonde extensions and they went orange. I guess it makes sense. If you put an oil on your skin you can burn in the sun? I know racoon do a UV serum or something for on holiday but I've never used it and my clients are good at having them removed before they go away. I'm going away in June and will not be taking my extensions out so I might try it then xx

Just popping over from nails, this thread came up on my app feed. I had extensions in for my honeymoon in mexico last july, they were blonde with brown lowlights through and the brown did this in mine. I assumed the sun had lightened the brown in them as I hadn't got them wet and after around 3 weeks of being home they went back to normal x

I know different countries have different water. Some more hard that can build rust in the hair because of the different chemicals in it.

Softer water is better. That's all I can think of.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424637562.532456.jpg
Happens to me on holiday aswell! I put it down to the water to be honest as when I got home it was ok once I washed it a few times. Annoying though!

I've also seen this happen. I thought it could be the bronze suntan oil you get that had stained the extensions x

I have not long returned from holiday and my extensions turned orange I have used lemon juice left on for about an hour used silver shampoo and it's gone happy days !!!!

It can happen when abroad, it’s due to the minerals in the water, sunscreen and heat. I carry a few sachets of the Malibu c crystals in my work box and hand them to any of my clients who go on holiday just in case. It’s not a defect with the extensions and it can be removed x

Latest posts

Back