Hair glossing help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snmlondonhair

Reaction score
Hey geeks :)
Iv had a client message me asking if I did hair glossing.. I vaguely remember doing this at college 7years ago with loreal colours, I now use wella colours- does anyone know what to use?? Was going to ring wella later today but thought I'd ask on here too :)

Thanks! Xx

In glossing, do you mean using a clear semi perminant that will add a shiny coating but not deposit colour?
If so, Im fairly sure most ranges do a clear. You just mix and apply in the same way you would a colour. You get the same shine and feel of having a colour, without any colour deposit
xx

Wella relights do colour glosses, they have an /00 as well as red tones and blondes etc. :)

Loreal dia light also do a clear semi for a gloss :)

Wella ct /00 is fab also matrix prismplus in clear is nice but only a true semi but great for regulars or to retail them

Wella colour touch /00 for glossing x
Creates a great shine on the hair x

At the risk of being critisized.. How would you go about using the /00 cleqr gloss from wella? U mix with a developer? What %? I have never done a glossing .. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Vibrance have a 0.00 too I used it the other day on my sis in law but I put I bit of 9 1/2.5 to give a translucent colour on hair that was looking rather dull :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

At the risk of being critisized.. How would you go about using the /00 cleqr gloss from wella? U mix with a developer? What %? I have never done a glossing .. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Hi mixed as a colour touch usually is. X

wella relights /00 or the wellas glossing service

Would the gloss affect a colour taking after??

You would apply a gloss after you had done the colour or inbetween appointments.

And no it is basically a colour less colour so no build up or anything stopping other colour penetrating.

You can also gloss to tone as well
Eg: 1 part colour (illumina say 9/60)
1 part colour saving mask
1part paster toner

mixing ratio 20mls of gloss 40mls developer 1:2 ratio

Hi all is anyone familiar with lakme? They have a 0/00 but it also says lightener? This is not the gloss is it?

Glossing if you forget is on the back of the illumina shade chart:) I used to gloss with clear when I used matrix but mostly gloss with illumina colour now xx

Latest posts

Back