Hair gone the wrong colour, I need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloeluckin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I recently got my hair done at the salon from very dark brown to an auburn brown colour (has more of a red/copper colour than brown).
The colour faded pretty quickly (as the hair stylist mentioned as I had a bleach bath, etc.)
The colour that I had was amazing -although a little too dark- but I'm not worried about the colour from the salon, as a great job was done.
The problem is that I used Majirel 4.5 today with 20vol 6%, as I needed the colour topping up from the fading and they couldn't fit me in at the salon, as I work full time and it's a struggle for anyone to fit me in. I also wanted to get a lighter colour than what I had.
The colour which i used was 'copper blonde' and after using it the same was as the stylist recommended (she didn't tell me which vol to use- that was recommended by the worker at
Sallys)
So I rinsed out the colour and what I have now is a gross dark red/copper which really doesn't look nice at all. The colour is way too dark even though it is a level 7, which is the colour which was originally used by my hair stylist.
I really don't like the colour, and it's definitely not what I want, and was wondering if anyone can help with their advice.
I wanted to go to a ginger shade (I know there are lots of different gonger shades) but this isn't even one of them.
Please can you help with giving me some advice on what to do. There's no way that I will be able to get an appointment at the salon for the next couple of weeks.
I know that some of you will say to not do it myself, but I would really like to correct it ASAP.
Thanks in advance
I've added a photo of what my hair looked like just after it was done at the salon. My hair is more red than this now, but is roughly the same type of shade and is the same level- level 7.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    706.8 KB · Views: 33
Are you a hair stylist?

If you used a majirel 4.5 where are you getting level 7 from

It's against forum rules to give out advice to non pros all I can say is use a clarifying shampoo and book in to see your hairdresser also never listen to advice at Sally's more often that not they aren't qualified to give advice therefore things like this happen!

Don't expect your appointment to be just for a colour it's going to be a colour correction and pretty hefty in price to!

Learn from this mistake and stick it out to wait till you can get in! Fingers crossed she gets a cancellation and can get you in soon

If you used a majirel 4.5 where are you getting level 7 from

It's against forum rules to give out advice to non pros all I can say is use a clarifying shampoo and book in to see your hairdresser also never listen to advice at Sally's more often that not they aren't qualified to give advice therefore things like this happen!

Don't expect your appointment to be just for a colour it's going to be a colour correction and pretty hefty in price to!

Learn from this mistake and stick it out to wait till you can get in! Fingers crossed she gets a cancellation and can get you in soon

Oh sorry, it was 7.4 that I used. I used this as it was almost identical to the colour originally used. I am gradually going light with my hair stylist, which is why I thought I would try one marginally lighter- only a Smidge lighter. I know what I am expecting next time at the salon anyway.
I just wasn't expecting the colour to turn so drastically different, as like I said, it was the tiniest bit lighter and in the same colour level.

Latest posts

Back