Hair help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCable89

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wanting to know if anyone had any ideas on how to curl my hair. The only way i can do it is to leave my hair to go really greasy, use loads of mousse whilst curling then lots of hairspray to hold and it still drops out within an hour...!!!

Any Ideas??

Becky x

Hi, I would like to know what kind of hair do you have?
You could do a wet set. Wash the hair and condition, put lots of mousse on the hair and comb it through. Make sure that there is product evenly everywhere.
Then rollers or bendis, dry and voila, should be good.
After you take off the curlers, you could seperate the curl with your fingers, work it nice, put some hairspray for curly hair and with moisture block in it. Then the curls should last a while.
Hope this helps.

its colored extra light ash blonder and my hair is naturally honey blonde. Its very very fine but there is a lot of it!!

hope this helps!

and thanks! i'll try that!

Hey there it really depends on what kind of curl u r trying to achieve.If u r looking for a scrunched look its prety hard to get unless u have a nastural curl in ur hair.If u r looking for more of as glamorous curl u could put lots of setting lotion/spray on and put in big rollers leave it to dry then before take rollers out blast with the cool setting on ur hairdryer as the hot air styles it and the cool air will set it or u could use ur straighners 2 put a big curl in.I fing the best curl products r tigi catwalk/bedhead etc

hiya,

What type of curl are you look for exactly,

My hair is fine but I do have a lot of it also ,if you want the perm scrunched look all I do is wash and dry my hair run a bit of serum through it, if it tends to get greasy remember less is more when it comes to adding serum or hair wax etc then I curl my hair with the straighteners I take a section at a time and I spray it with a heat defense product , depending on how curly you want it, if you want it quite curly and your curling your hair with the straighteners run the hair through it quite slowly but use a firm grip whilst running the hair through, then I litterally tip my head upside down run my fingers through it then spray it with hairspray etc and use my hands to srunch it up and then add a pretty clip or hair band etc..

If you want a more defined curl I would still use the same method as above using straightners but I wouldnt tip my head upside down and scrunch it, I find for my hair if I use the above method it stays in really well

but it also helps if you have layers cut in your hair to because this takes some of the weight of your hair and holds the curl in better.

You know, I bought babyliss wand from the exhibition and that is really good to make temporary scrunched look.
Curls look very natural and it is a quick tool to work with.

My beauticians hair is like that. We can put curls in with straighteners or curlers and it literally drops straight out. I have curling wands at my salon and they stay over 24 hours in her hair when we use those.

Latest posts

Back