Hair highlights and lowlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgre5000

Reaction score
This question is for hairdressers:
My natural hair colour is in between a 6 & 7 golden brown and I am wanting to get highlights and lowlights put in my hair to disguise (not completely cover) grey hair starting to show through and also because I really like the look (see pic included in my post as an example). I plan on asking my hairdresser to do a 1/2 head of white blonde foils and a lowlight (neutral level 6) demi-permanent/gloss all through the strands on the bottom half of my head so the grey isn’t too noticeable. My question is, will my hairdresser also need to coat in between the white blonde foils with the neutral level 6 demi on the top half of my head to “blend” with the bottom half or is this unnecessary?

I appreciate any input you can provide.

Thank you so much.

sg BAABE944-A7C1-4B8D-9E1A-89EEAD46E21E.jpeg

The picture you have, isn't highlights and lowlights. But they can create a similar effect. Generally speaking I would put the bese colour in between the highlights. Otherwise you'll have 3 colours going on. You have a darker natural blonde through the underneath, and then your natural warm medium blonde + highlights through the top, which will automatically make the top of your hair look much warmer.

Latest posts

Back