Hair levels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balayage

Reaction score
Can somebody post for me a level 9 ash blonde and a level 10 ash blonde? I want to see the difference between those two, and I can't trust google. Sorry but I'm an apprentice yet. Thanks.

Here is Wella Koleston Perfect 10/1 (Lightest ash blonde) and 9/1 (very light ash blonde)

Attachments

• _20190903_000918.JPG
    _20190903_000918.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 60
Here is Wella Koleston Perfect 10/1 (Lightest ash blonde) and 9/1 (very light ash blonde)
I see. Thanks a lot.
May you have a picture of level 9 and level 10 bleached hair? Without tone. Just how those levels seem (on hair) after wash the bleach away.

It’s good that you’re asking these sorts of questions. It’s the best way to learn. However, I’m wondering that as you’re still training, do you have access to any training resources, colour swatches, manuals etc?

I see. Thanks a lot.
May you have a picture of level 9 and level 10 bleached hair? Without tone. Just how those levels seem (on hair) after wash the bleach away.
For future reference here is a underlying pigment chart.
hair-color-chart-levels-246208-the-level-system-what-in-the-hell-do-all-those-numbers-mean-of...jpeg

It’s good that you’re asking these sorts of questions. It’s the best way to learn. However, I’m wondering that as you’re still training, do you have access to any training resources, colour swatches, manuals etc?
Well. I graduate this year so I guess this year I am going to learn more "advanced" coloring techniques. So far I maintain a platinum white (made by myself and hair not damaged at all) and I try to test things on myself. But I want to learn many things fast as long as I plan to participate in a competition in 4 months (only for apprentices).
And one last thing. I have to do 6 months of practice in a salon in order to get my diploma. I used to work in one of the best salons here in Greece. My boss was doing 10-15 at least big color changes everyday. But I learned nothing as long as here in Greece, noone is going to help you to learn their "secrets" inside a salon cause you may "steal" their clients in the future. So my only hope is here, asking questions and ofc google (as long as I can trust it lol).

Do you have any good Level 3 textbooks? That might help you to understand the theory side of colouring.

I agree with AcidPerm, a lot of this is very basic colour knowledge and should be being taught in college. Luckily you're here so everyone on Salon Geek can offer you help when needed but I think you need more formal training/resources.

Do you have any good Level 3 textbooks? That might help you to understand the theory side of colouring.
We have no levels here. xD
We do 2 years in an academy.
1st year (i passed) we did basic coloring, basic hairstyles, basic haircuts
2nd year (in 5 days I begin) we do advanced coloring (like Bleaching and toning, balayage, etc.) We do bridal chignons, model hairstyles etc and we learn all haircuts from long to bob.
We have only 2 books for each year and they are so old... (80s hair styles etc)
So I try to order from UK books, and pdfs online.

I agree with AcidPerm, a lot of this is very basic colour knowledge and should be being taught in college. Luckily you're here so everyone on Salon Geek can offer you help when needed but I think you need more formal training/resources.
God bless this guy Ronray. He learned me everything I know so far, here, in salongeek. I dont expect much knowledge from my school nor from the 9months practice I will do in a few months. Alone. All i have to do is try to read and practice alone.

Imagine.
I used to work on a salon when I started the hairdressing school. I didn't knew what was the silver shampoo. My boss used to said: use the blue one or the purple one. She NEVER explained to me why.
I had to bleach my hair to platinum ro learn what those colors do. I had to order 3 books from UK to learn all those things. I had to sign up and ask here all time. No one will help me so I have to work alone to learn. The ugly truth. That's why I am planning to go to UK in a few years. My teachers said its the best place to work as a hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back