Hair loss friendly hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArabianBeauty

Reaction score
I know as hairdressers we are all supposed to be friendly to clients etc but over this last year I have had many of my hairloss clients say they haven't been to a hairdresser for so long due to the judgment they receive over their hair loss conditions, and how many hairdressers are just not knowledgeable in the basic hairloss conditions.

SOOOO... I am trying to compile a list of hairdressers across the UK and USA that I can publish on my new website so people suffering hairloss can be directed to without feeling shameful or judged. Just good hairdressers where they can go to get a cut-colour etc with a hairdresser who is understanding and creative with styling ideas.

The main conditions you will need to be up to date on is the various forms of Alopecia and Trichotillomania (TTM) I am constantly being messaged (from UK and USA) asking if I know any hairdressers who are familiar with TTM and Alopecia and are empathetic towards their clients, and unfortunately my arms can't stretch past London at the moment [emoji12]

If it's something that may interest anyone feel free to send over your links or details etc so I can include them

Emy x

Last edited:
I'm in North Devon, although I have very limited knowledge of hair loss conditions I feel I'm very empathetic. I have a few very thin ladies. And one or two ladies who are/have suffered alopecia.

I have intention to go to a trichology seminar when one is close by. X

Arabian beauty your work is fantastic and this is an area I'd love to get in to, I have tricho myself and I have a few clients with thinning hair, my own mother never regained her hair post chemo due to ongoing illness. Where do you train to do such work as you do? Xxx

Hi Siobrennan, send me your details where your located etc, I know there's plenty of ladies looking for good hairdressers, somewhere they can just go to get a cut colour etc without feeling judged or without having to explain their situations in front of loads of people.

Regarding the integration, I am putting together a training course but it's a month long, myself I spent a year training/working with a trichologist then of course I worked in Lucinda Ellery for a while, so it wasn't an actual paid training course I went on, it's not something you can learn and then practice on clients as you could cause more damage, it's a gradual process with lots of practice xx

Last edited:
I am currently training with trichocare. I am finding the course fascinating! Also a bit challenging but life would be boring without a challenge! I certainly would never judge or make someone feel uncomfortable because of a condition, that's terrible.

Hi, I work in Redditch, Worcestershire and offer a private room for those who prefer privacy. I also offer hair replacement for men and women if you would like to add me to your list. Check out my site www.thehairfactoryredditch.co.uk

Anyone interested, please send me their details that clients can contact them on :)

Meeeee!!! I don't currently have integration training but as I think I've told u before I'd do anything to train in this area! I have Many clients with varying degrees of hair loss issues, their all so greatful of the care I give them, I'd love to look at your training course!

Meeeee!!! I don't currently have integration training but as I think I've told u before I'd do anything to train in this area! I have Many clients with varying degrees of hair loss issues, their all so greatful of the care I give them, I'd love to look at your training course!

Fab send me your details, and what area you are in, it's not for the integration systems but it's just for general hairloss clients that don't wear systems to have an understanding hairdresser.. X

Could I have some information also. Many thanks x

Fab send me your details, and what area you are in, it's not for the integration systems but it's just for general hairloss clients that don't wear systems to have an understanding hairdresser.. X
Ah well that's definatley me :) I'll pm you now

Could I have some information also. Many thanks x

Hey, if you are a mobile or salon based hairdresser just inbox me your contact details and location so I can pass onto any clients in your area, and also let me know if you have much knowledge in different hair loss conditions x

Excellent idea. As a sufferer of Female Pattern Baldness, I think this is something that will really help. Often when i have gone to hairdressers, they almost get a little "fed up" when i talk to them about my condition which always makes me feel self conscious. I put it down to basic insecurity about knowing what to say and do.

Keep up this good work ladies / gents.

Excellent idea. As a sufferer of Female Pattern Baldness, I think this is something that will really help. Often when i have gone to hairdressers, they almost get a little "fed up" when i talk to them about my condition which always makes me feel self conscious. I put it down to basic insecurity about knowing what to say and do.

Keep up this good work ladies / gents.

Your very right, I think a lot just don't know what to say, also some are just not interested as they don't have enough knowledge of the conditions which puts many women off going to a hairdresser, I know women who are so isolated they have and are cutting their own hair with kitchen scissors because they don't want the embarrassment of going to a hairdresser.... So please guys and girls send me all your details so I can show these ladies that there are friendly and knowledgable hairdressers out there who won't judge them!!!! :)

Latest posts

Back