Hair makeover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suesplash

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm a nail geek normally but would like some help with my hair.

I live in the Midlands and am really bored with my hair but don't know what to do with it. It's too curly to be straight, too straight to be curly and I'd like a hairdresser that can say to me what style would look best, given hair type, face shape, etc. I tried a new hairdresser about 2 months ago and spent the next day in tears because it looked so bad.

Is there anybody in the Midlands who can offer this sort of service without me having to go to London and pay a fortune for a celebrity hairdresser?!?!?

Getting desperate ...
Sue :)

most hairdressers do offer this service , but most work with feedback so its best to take any photos with you of haircuts that worked previously -why you think that they worked(shape,length or suited curl etc ) and pictures of haircuts that really didnt work and why and cut out pictures of haicuts that you like from mags /or cut and paste off the internet . ive had clients that have treated themselves and had expensive celebrity cut and colours and though initially happy have found that they are nothing special . if you are worried go for a consultation(free) with differant stylists to try to find one that listens to you ,and maybe with the same texture of hair as you so that he/ she can advise on products that they themselves use for differant looks . And at the end of the day , a haircut wont change your hair type ,so if you do want it to look differant for a change you will have to be prepared to get the curling tongs/straighteners or big round brush out!
dont despair i have this hairtype myself and ive grown to love it if i have any straight bits i tuck them behind my ear or twist them up with a grip .
and i can wave the straight bits with a straightener to try and blend them in .

Latest posts

Back